Playing multible tables or just one?

AntonEast

AntonEast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you like most or in which way do you make more money, playing more tables and lower stakes or playing just one table but higher stakes? Personally I like just playing one or two tables at a time, but I dont really know which way is the best

R

roddypra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends a lot on the knowledge you have about poker. If you're a newbie, you should just focus on one table and try to make the most of it. But if you can handle other tables at the same time, I do not see a problem. I always play at least 2 tables. One important table and one that is not worth much. The other table helps me ease the tension and make the easiest decisions hahahah

J

John16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually i playing with 3 tables, one moment i was try with 5 tables, but it was bad idea :D

G

Gabriel Pinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the maximun number of tables is only 3, in notebook.

On cell phone or tablet only 1 table.

T

Tomioto3095

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play at least two tables but not more than four. More than that, my game is affect. But play only one table is good too

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I used to play multi tabling, with 9, 12 or more tables open , some of those were limit holdem cash games , afterwads some of them were low buins or freerolls but the results weren't good so I reduced the number to 9 , 6 , nowadays I play only 2 or 3 the maximum , I prefer 2 most of the times , one good where I mainly play and one more which is not so important , the same when I play freerolls , I prefer 2 , I cannot focus to more , maybe I get too old . Moreover , I need to watch the way I play cause I try to evolve it nowadays and make it more aggressive while I study , I keep notes , so 2 max is good

Last edited:
A

amadeusace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker is about volume and long run situations. I prefer to play 4tables with huds.. 2 tables with no huds.

If I start grinding... I play up to 10 tables (I don't open a new table if one is closing) trying to get deep in 2-3 of them.

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually two tables easier to concentrate tried more but did not enjoy the games

J

John16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually i play on 2-3 tables, one moment i was try with 5 tables and its was bad idea

Fernanda37

Fernanda37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That depends of the value of the tournaments... if they are expensive, I play just one or tow tables, if not, more tables

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About 95% of the time I'm playing multi tables. Other wise I get bored and start playing hands that I have no reason to be in the hand. About four tables is max for me tho.

AntonEast

AntonEast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree it usually gets pretty boring with just one table, but more than four tables are hard to concentrate at the same time. Maybe playing like 2-3 tables is the best

F0STER20

F0STER20

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I play in several tables, rarely with one table

everth

everth

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play many screens, to keep me always busy and not be anxious to make decisions and find favorable situations.

Moonchild

Moonchild

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends a lot on the knowledge you have about poker. If you're a newbie, you should just focus on one table and try to make the most of it. But if you can handle other tables at the same time, I do not see a problem. I always play at least 2 tables. One important table and one that is not worth much. The other table helps me ease the tension and make the easiest decisions hahahah

Same for me. At most I play 4, but also with 1 or 2 important ones and the others are freerolls or very low stake. I agree that it eases the tension. How it also helps me, is that it prevents me for getting bored after folding lots of hands and just play a hand just 'cause it seemed to took so long. And now I'm talking about MTT'S. That being said ... when I get in the final stages of the MTT I'ld rather stay focussed on that one game. You don't change tables that much, most average and low stacks play more tight, so the subtle reading of the opponents gets even more important. For me it's hard to read my opponents well when I play more then 1 or 2 tables.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
it all depends on the mood !!! sometimes I play 4 tables and sometimes one !!! the main thing that the number of tables your game does not become worse !!!

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Since I play just for fun, I play only one table. But if you plan to take the game to the next level, you should gradually increase the number of tables to the point of being comfortably playing several tables. This way you tend to earn more and get faster in the long run.

TheMagic

TheMagic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many factors that have to be in question , let´s enumerate them :
1) Do you play poker as a recreational player trying to become a reg or just play for fun? If the answer is to become a good regular player, at any moment you will need to play more tables, and so, increase your capacity of analysis and in this condition, have a bigger data of situations to take experience.
2) The most important thing, you need to play what is good for you. Although it´s necessary to play more tables in most of cases, to improve your game, it´s not a rule. With experience and time, you´ll need to determinate it, and if you don´t adapt to multi table, you´ll need to increase your buy-in to compensate the number of tables.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The better is the most 3 tables because you must be able to watch each game.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are wrong thoughts. Earnings are not dependent on the number of tables or the bet. Your profit always depends on your abilities. You have to play in a comfortable environment. To the number of tables you are not bothered and no limits makes you nervous.

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play at least two tables, but not more than four.Tried to play more tables ,but it ended badly

G

Guiguero

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play only in one table with big stacks. When I play in 2 or 3, i cant concentrate enough.

I think if you have experience you can play well in more than 1 table at the same time. Of course, when you play more and more you can play more tables at the same time.

The poker proffesionals play at least in 7 tables i think, and they win money everytime

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should play what is good for you...depends on every person...some like to play 2 some 10 ......play what is comfortable for you..