Playing in the blinds help?

M

Mitchel Cornodelli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically i'm just struggling playing in the blinds in 6 max 0.02/0.05 nlhe cash games on pokerstars.
Here is a typical situation:

Folded to the button who opens to 3xbb
I'm in the sb with a8o. 1) What do you if you have seen him steal from the button a lot, 2) what do you do if he hasnt been stealing a lot

Thanks for the help.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like everything... it depends. :)

free poker e-book... lots of stuff about blind play in here:
http://www.acepokersolutions.com/free-poker-books/

Get it, read it, know it. Join the study group on here... get better, win lots of $'s. Ez game.

A

Aslama01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eh, depends. Does he fold to 3-bets IP? Does he C-bet a lot? will he fold to a check-raise on the flop? It really depends on how he plays. I think most of the time, I'll just pass.

jozsef1990

jozsef1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you 've always used a reputable Jonak There will be no votes against humidity and worries recommend the zoom play because there can be top wigs can go for hours and I need to wait for a vote against AA KK opening - to

BabyJesus64

BabyJesus64

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Basically i'm just struggling playing in the blinds in 6 max 0.02/0.05 nlhe cash games on pokerstars.
Here is a typical situation:

Folded to the button who opens to 3xbb
I'm in the sb with a8o. 1) What do you if you have seen him steal from the button a lot, 2) what do you do if he hasnt been stealing a lot

Thanks for the help.

1) If he has been stealing the blinds a lot, I would absolutely 3-bet with A8. Most of the times he really has nothing and he will fold if you bet like 9xbb. He's just trying to take an advantage of his position. In case the button 4-bets or calls your bet, you know he really has something that time.

2) If he has been playing tight, I probably would fold. There is a good chance that he has an ace with a better kicker or a pocket pair.

Calling is basically the worst option in this situation. You can't get any idea what your opponent really has and you're only hoping to catch something on the flop. If you miss the flop it's easy for the button to steal the pot due to his better position. Not to mention if the flop includes an ace. That's always a tough spot to be with 8 kicker..

B

BullWink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With A-8 off, I would probably give it up. Even if you hit your ace, and he calls your bet, how will you know what his kicker is. It will likely be better than yours. I say wait, and then catch him later when you do have something.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In 6 max games need more on the flop and smaller on the preflop.