Playing AK OOP

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why give advice and sound like you know what you are talking about, which he's likely to follow, if you don't know yourself?

Well I really doubt he'd just follow my advice alone since we all have different stances on certain situations correct:) ...Now to put this into perspective, I'll say that I'm not wrong in playing AK my way nor is anyone else advices wrong either, it really comes down to what type of player the player is... I just advocated the cheap/Passive route to take with AK rather then blow the pot up OOP...Now also in a perfect world, If we were to 4 bet they'd either 5 bet repop giving us more info thus we can ship it in, or they'd flat and we hit an A/K on the flop but since everything about poker doesn't always come out the way we want it....

W/E way you choose to play it is up to you:)

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While there are different opinions, there are some lines which are more profitable than others.

Flatting OOP loses a lot of value against QQ/JJ who will get scared when an overcard hits, means you lose a lot of money against stuff like AQ which may stack pre but won't on Kxx flops, and will lead to you getting value towned by AA/KK if you do hit the flop for likely your entire stack.#

AK plays well against even a tight range pre, flatting 3bets OOP in the first place is horrible so just get it in against anyone who isn't like 5/5 over 1k hands.

A

armand1337

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well depends on his "repution" but i would like to 4bet because we are OOP.

flat is kinda bad here as we miss kinda much flops.