Playing AA after the flop

V

vladislav Makeevich

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, the only problem is if he got flush/straight on that same flop, and you got like 3 of a kind aces

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
suited aces

So very true. One pair still means one pair, no matter if those aces are even suited! :knuddel: As always, I have learned the hard way that pocket aces could be beaten as soon as flop opens. It takes a pain in youknowwhere but sometimes you have to fold em in flop and there is nothing else you should do!

G

GeorgeF1234

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a pretty large losing streak with AA and KK so I changed my strategy to try and isolate my opponents. Now I make a large pre-flop raise of about 4X or 4.5X bb, to make sure low suited or connected cards don't follow and get what they're hoping for. It makes the post-flop play a lot more straight forward. Flops with three face cards excluding an Ace is the type of thing that will make me check-fold. With uncoordinated low cards, I can be almost certain I'm ahead

B

Broon1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your goal with AA should always to be get it in preflop. Post flop you don't need to overbet so much as lose value by weaker hands folding or to trap yourself by someone who hit 2 pair or better because you've already committed yourself. Usually a 2/3 to pot size bet is correct.

grzech

grzech

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

this i lose today

THEPOPE12

THEPOPE12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to play AA ultra agressive pre-flop and post for better or worse

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends on the behaviour of the rivals. If I find my rivals Shoving every time after post flop the I play Allins pre flop. But if I am among tight players I play 3bet raise only.