play tight or loose

K

klickitat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A field of 10,000 means the buyin is going to be low which means there are going to be many horrible players so instead of my normal tight play early in this 10,000 plus field full of bad players I will play looser pre-flop early because I want to get a bad players stack post flop. When playing good players you are not going to get their stack early so why play loose for small blinds? After I get what I want early I will tighten up and wait for good ante to blind ratio and then start playing a more traditional style stack building tournament strategy.

The looser the game the tighter the play. Let all the nitwits bump each other off and when you have good quality hands you are more likely to win against the loose players.

If it is a tight game then loosen up to steal more blinds.

Am I missing something here? I thought this was considered the best play.

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start playing my normal game tight aggressive if got doubble up then loosen up...

N

nyolcas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of articles offer to start with tight play and change your style becaming a bit loose during the mid session.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I perfer like to play tournament with less players this cardshat tournaments are good for me.....