Plan your deposit - or lose it, Poker Gypsy!!!

L

LongRover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players lose at online poker all the time. Whenever they give their money to the cashier, they just may as well kiss it goodbye. Why? Because they deposit their money without a plan.

These players just want to play poker. And, they do! They go from game to game, whatever game is available, at whatever time, no matter how many players are at the table, no matter how many tables are in play...

Although some would refer to these players as fishes or donks, I do not. I see them as players who have lost their way, as the proverbial gypsies of online poker. And, there are so, so many gypsies. And, they all have one thing in common besides the fact that they did not have a plan as to how to spend their money online before they deposited it. The thing they all have in common is that they tend to lose their money - all of it - all the time. And, the only way the gypsies of poker will ever win, will ever hang onto a bankroll is if they have a plan for their money before they deposit it.

My suggestion would be to only play the money games that you like the best and at which you consider yourself fair-to-middling good. Become as good at those games as you can be, and stick to playing these games at low entry fees after you deposit your money. That would be Plan One. Plan Two would be to stick to Plan One until your winning game results and your enlarging bankroll prove that you are ready to move up to games (in the same category) that cost more.

Along the way, two things will happen if you stick to your guns. ONE - you will become a better player in the games of your choice with a bankroll to boot. And, TWO - you will graduate from being a poker gypsy and become a solid and grounded player.

What are your thoughts on the matter???

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree with you. It is necessary in any case to plan financial expenses in the game.
Without an elementary plan, financial losses become more likely.
A good plan will allow you to be a disciplined player.

Clowntown

Clowntown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ya this is 100% the main reason why most decent players still go broke. They don't know what to do with their deposit to safely make profit with it. This is something that many people just can't seem to get no matter how many times they deposit and they always go broke. I've seen many many players go on a sick run and then go broke because of either greed or tilt.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is why bankroll management is the most important skill that any poker player needs to learn first. Most important 3 advices for new plaers are:

1. Do not play with money that you can't afford to loose
2. Be sure that you have big enough bankroll before playing certain game
3. Start from lowest buyin levels and move up only when you are sure that you are winning at current level and ready to move up

Apart from the pure gamblers there are many different types of poker players. There are grinders who try to constantly improve their game and earn more money. There are recreational players who want sometimes to just sit and play few games without bothering to improve their game. There are also players who are fully aware that they will lose their money but have budget allocated for this purpose and they like just to play without intention to improve their game and be winning in a long run. We need all types of players for poker to be interesting.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Before making a deposit with a bonus, I advise making a plan on how much playthrough you have as well.

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Old adage of failing to plan is planning to fail seems applicable.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you on these words to play only the game games that you like best, and on which you consider yourself to be honest and average. Become as good in these games as you are, and play these games with low entry fees after making money, until your winning game results and your increasing bankroll prove that you are ready to move into games (in the same category) that are more expensive.

L

LongRover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you very much for your contributions to this discussion. I hope that we have all planted a seed of caution in the hearts and minds of our fellow players who have yet to make a plan...

yosjenis55

yosjenis55

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good afternoon friends ... excellent advice, it is very important to have a game plan and play only the modalities where we are more comfortable. thanks greetings....

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice theory man ooh the games on click lol good luck all:)

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, i played many freerolls before my first deposit. I did it in pokerstars and in 888. I had a plan... enjoy all bonus they give me. So... i had a US30 bankroll after my US 20 deposit 10/10 (PS and 888), and now i m with a US100 (total) bankroll. I got my goal!!!

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Deposited

The money deposited in a poker account is relatively according to the type of player who wants to use it because not all players seek to spend that money deposited seek to try to win but in the maorions are usually novices so an excellent lesson would be to show them the way to win in the worst way is very bad even if it is easy money but the best thing for me is to face someone at my level or higher because if that happens and I win I feel happy because I know that I am using my knowledge of the better way.