P

PeteBoy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AT
Chips
Hi,

i‘m a Beginner at playing Poker. I got a question. When you sit on the Poker table and you are at the Preflop. You can pay to be the Dealer ? Can somebody explain that to me ?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Welcome to CardsChat PeteBoy,

The positions in a poker table move clockwise. Every player at his turn becomes the dealer but you don't have to pay for that. The only times when a player is demanded to pay are the times when the player is either big blind (BB) or the small blind (SB).

If you are a complete beginner in poker may I suggest that you take a look at these free learning opportunities that our site has to offer?

P

PeteBoy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AT
Chips
I know that already (the position and whos turn it is). But one time i played poker and one guy payed 2 sb to be the last one to take action preflop and i didnt get that. ( ist was Live Poker)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
there are no dealers in online poker, everything is done by the program in live poker there is a dealer, so I think you understand the answer to your question

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I know that already (the position and whos turn it is). But one time i played poker and one guy payed 2 sb to be the last one to take action preflop and i didnt get that. ( ist was Live Poker)
Now I probably understand what you are saying. The player who paid 2 x SB (meaning he paid the big blind) did not pay it to the dealer. That money went to the pot. And the reason why he acted last in the pre-flop is not because because he paid. No-one cannot simply pay to act last. It was simply his turn to be the big blind and therefore to act last.

P

PeteBoy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AT
Chips
I know that already (the position and whos turn it is). But one time i played poker and one guy payed 2 sb to be the last one to take action preflop and i didnt get that. ( ist was Live Poker
I meaned 2 BB and ist wasnt his turn, and they told me he pays that to make sure he ist the last one who takes action preflop. But ok maybe I missunderstud something.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
No-one cannot simply pay to act last. It was simply his turn to be the big blind and therefore to act last.
I meaned 2 BB and ist wasnt his turn, and they told me he pays that to make sure he ist the last one who takes action preflop. But ok maybe I missunderstud something.
I want to clarify some more since there is some misunderstanding. What I've said earlier applies when no-one makes a raise. But, for example, if the player in the middle position makes a raise, let's say to 10 BBs, then the action does not stop on big blind's turn. In that case all the player between big blind and the middle position player still have a say if the are going to call the MP's raise or a fold.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is called "Buying the Button". It is not possible in online poker, but can be done in a live poker game.

When a new player first sits down at the table, and they are between the current button (dealer) and small blind position, they have the option to "buy the button" and play from that position in the next hand. They do this by paying both the small and big blind.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is called "Buying the Button". It is not possible in online poker, but can be done in a live poker game.

When a new player first sits down at the table, and they are between the current button (dealer) and small blind position, they have the option to "buy the button" and play from that position in the next hand. They do this by paying both the small and big blind.
And....because position is so important in poker - players should always buy the button whenever it is offered by the dealer.

If a player coming in declines to buy the button and then spends the next hand (that they're not participating in) looking at the ceiling - it tells me that they are inexperienced (or don't care about winning).