Patience In Tournements

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im guilty of losing my patience while playing poker specially online , any kind of advice or tips to not lose focus and patience while playing ?

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have a very well adjusted pre-flop hand range and only play in that range. GL

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being Patience this is some thing I have to work on. I catch my self to much not staying in patience. which i have to fine a way to stay patience to keep my mind on poker.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quiet Your Mind

Im guilty of losing my patience while playing poker specially online , any kind of advice or tips to not lose focus and patience while playing ?

I recommend meditation of some kind to quiet your mind.

Before a tournament get to a point where your mind is blank - no thoughts - just quiet.

Then let things come your way.

Deal with each hand individually.

Your range - villain range - position - chip stack.

Get there!

Good luck !

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a break. Eat food , walk around. Don’t follow every hand when you aren’t not in it. Get plenty of sleep before the start of the tournament

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let go of all your thoughts while playing. Get in the flow and do what you have to.

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the advice guys ! i'll keep it in mind and work on it !

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
try to remember that anything is possible. a couple of double ups and you'll be right back in it. I've won tournaments where I folded AA, been cripple and came back, been lowest stack near the bubble to come back and win, if you fold a hand and would have won and triple up. its not the end and you didn't miss your only chance. just pay more attention and focus more and take advantage of more opportunities to make your chip stack back. Don't just lose patience and go all in next few hands because other players are able to notice that and they will call you and get lucky.

F

fourroses

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Iplay tournements with long blinds 10 or 15 minuts ,so Ihave time to study my oponions and can play only good hands or make a bluff in a good possition ,so you can hold your stack ,on the table are always one or two players who play loose and from this player you ha to get your chips you only must wait to get a god starthand or flop a straight or a high flush or a fulhouse ,sometimes are two pairs or three of akind enough

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a reason lots of the best poker players recommend meditation. It stops you becoming a tilt machine when the game is unfair to you.(almost all the time)

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your weakness is that you look at a lot of hands. Observe the range of playing cards. Don't be afraid to have a small stack and don't go after it to grow. It happens that you sit with a small stack the whole game and when you approach the prizes, a good card starts coming up.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont know what say to you, cause it happens to me. freerolls are too long, and sometimes I cant wait for a nice hand

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know what say to you, cause it happens to me. Freerolls are too long, and sometimes I cant wait for a nice hand

Most definitely . i start out being patient and playing "good" poker but then eventually lose my patience and shove specially when im short stack and start stressing about how many bb i have . but im working on it and i think its good that im conscious about my bad play .

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips

you just need to set yourself up for a long and possibly boring game before starting the game, set yourself up for the fact that you may have to sit for a long time without doing anything

if during the game you feel that you have no patience, just get up, go for a smoke or pour some tea - give yourself 2-3 minutes to rest, I assure you nothing serious will happen during this time, I myself do so often :)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is poker's most basic virtue. you must not let your emotions take precedence over technique. We do not force the cards, we follow them, we wait for them and we use them at best. I advise you to visualize your objective before the start of the game and the best strategy to adopt to get there. this could help you not to lose patience and to keep the same level of play.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not rush to risk all the chips, there will always be time for a more favorable decision. If you put everything in preflop, you won't be able to change anything after. No one is immune from mistakes, but try to play so that one rash thing does not knock you out of the tournament.