Pair of QQ in hand

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today's situation, level 16 in a freeroll. UTG + 1 makes open raise all in with 7BB, everyone folds to me, in CO with QQ (52BB), is the recommended play just call or also make all in? BTN with 48BB and the blinds 20BB each.
I hope the translation is correct and the hand is understood so that you can give me your point of view. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Vlaad

Vlaad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I would just call. I don't know for sure if that's the correct play, though.

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it's a knockout tournament then it's an easy call.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it's a knockout tournament then it's an easy call.
I don't think it's a question of call or fold. It's call or reraise.
I would just reraise cause 7 bb is too much if they call 7bb they call al in.

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think raise all in. Here you want to isolate the player all in with 7BB. Your QQ is most likely good against one opponent, but to let others in the pot is not a good idea.

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was my question, if it was better to go all in and isolate the villain so that no one enters from behind; or if it was better to just call so that those in the back catch fire and make the pot bigger.

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That was my question, if it was better to go all in and isolate the villain so that no one enters from behind; or if it was better to just call so that those in the back catch fire and make the pot bigger.
Right, another thing to remember is that anyone under 10BB might not play the same way you read them at the beginning when everyone had plenty of chips. Probably an easy pot to pick up here with QQ. But if they do have AA or KK, the damage is minimal to your stack.

Last edited:
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands