Overcall, Overbluff, Overfold

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I came across these concepts: Overcall, Overbluff, Overfold. Can anyone explain please in details. Also how do we exploit them?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I came across these concepts: Overcall, Overbluff, Overfold. Can anyone explain please in details. Also how do we exploit them?

Thank U 4 Posting

All of the above together refer to your villains not using math to guide their play and they take actions too frequently.

If our Villains do too much of something we make money by letting them do it.

Overcall- we value bet bigger with the best hand -pot sized bets -pot+ sometimes even shoving all-in 10x pot or even more.

Overbluff- we check more of our strong hands and let them bluff too often.

Overfold- we raise and bluff these villains more often.

There are of course nuances to the above strategies.

Hope this helps
:):)

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Over calling is calling after someone has already called before you. The other two if used in the same context would mean the same thing, doing an action after someone before you has done it, although I don't hear those terms used nearly as much.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting

All of the above together refer to your villains not using math to guide their play and they take actions too frequently.

If our Villains do too much of something we make money by letting them do it.

Overcall- we value bet bigger with the best hand -pot sized bets -pot+ sometimes even shoving all-in 10x pot or even more.

There are of course nuances to the above strategies.

Hope this helps
:):)

Great explanation. Thanks.:)

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over calling is calling after someone has already called before you. The other two if used in the same context would mean the same thing, doing an action after someone before you has done it, although I don't hear those terms used nearly as much.

Yes over calling has two meanings. One is what you mean. The other one is calling more than a balanced strategy would suggest.

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand what you're asking now. How to play against someone who overcalls, overbluffs, or overfolds. The first response was a very good explanation.

Yes over calling has two meanings. One is what you mean. The other one is calling more than a balanced strategy would suggest.

C

cards speak

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips

hi, may i ask where you began to learn this strategy, perhaps a resource you could point me toward?
thanks very much

Folding in Poker