Outs & Odds

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to win at poker it is vital that you know your outs and odds to win or not win a hand.
Outs are simply the numbr of cards to give you a poker hand. If you have an open ended straight after the flop, you have 8 outs. There are 47 unknown cards, 8 will complete your hand, 39 will not. Your odds of completing a a trsight is therefor 39/8 or approximately 5/1.
If your strait bursts and you go to the turn your odds are (46 - 8) 38/8, or almost the same

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to win at poker it is vital that you know your outs and odds to win or not win a hand.
Outs are simply the numbr of cards to give you a poker hand. If you have an open ended straight after the flop, you have 8 outs. There are 47 unknown cards, 8 will complete your hand, 39 will not. Your odds of completing a a trsight is therefor 39/8 or approximately 5/1.
If your strait bursts and you go to the turn your odds are (46 - 8) 38/8, or almost the same

This is actually something I need to memorize, I've been playing for years without actually knowing how To calculate odds, whether it be for or hand strength pre flop, I should probably get on that

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad you found it useful. Hope you use it to profitable effect

7Dimas7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a mathematician, it is difficult to count it all during the game, but to be in the black it is necessary to train and teach to count in your mind for the future ... because. and I find their mistake for such a long time playing poker. Take into service to improve the growth of the bank ... As I previously did not use it I do not understand.:confused: thanks for the information:D

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone posted earlier about the 4 and 2 rules as well, in order to get your percentage of success based on your outs. That helps as well when calculating a call or fold by comparing to your pot odds. I'm guessing the ratios will work the same though... anyway, thanks for the post! Good stuff!

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator