I reraise to just under 1/3 of pot.
Call
Fold
Fold
Fold
Opponent re-raise pot+
I think about his range of hands, K3, K7, A7, AA, 45,
AK
His bet screamed to me that he was in front, I reraised lightly for more information and he shoves all in.
The thought of folding flickered across my mind but the question that made me call was "what is it"
He shows 33
I draw dead after the turn.

I knew it but still busted myself over trying to reveal the obvious.

I think it was a good move to me because now I reflect on a broader range of hands and if I would have had the 33, calling a small raise is a lovely opportunity.

Learning to fold a top pair with ok kicker just be should be an easy option.

Still learning.

Thank you for your time

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you sure you are not pro?

Haha, my varience would indicated that if there was professional tendencies, they would be equally mirrored by reckless foolishness haha

I posted because i had waited for this particular game and outing myself in the 1st or 2nd hand played is very poor behaviour from myself.

Thank you for your time.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ranges and position.

I was in a hand
Limp
Call
I reraise with KT
Call
Call
Flop
K73
Min raise
Call
I reraise to just under 1/3 of pot.
Call
Fold
Fold
Fold
Opponent re-raise pot+
I think about his range of hands, K3, K7, A7, AA, 45,
AK
His bet screamed to me that he was in front, I reraised lightly for more information and he shoves all in.
The thought of folding flickered across my mind but the question that made me call was "what is it"
He shows 33
I draw dead after the turn.

I knew it but still busted myself over trying to reveal the obvious.

I think it was a good move to me because now I reflect on a broader range of hands and if I would have had the 33, calling a small raise is a lovely opportunity.

Learning to fold a top pair with ok kicker just be should be an easy option.

Still learning.

Thank you for your time

Thank U 4 Posting.

This is an example of you needing to do more work away from the table. Why? The what is it question at the end.

Sit down and plot out what value hands play this way and what bluffs?

Example Value: AA KK AK KQ KJ K10 K9 K8 K6 K5 K4 K2 K7 K3 77 33 73? Can we eliminate hands?

We eliminate hands based on villains standard actions. Ie AA is unlikely because they would seldom play it like that. Do this for each hand.

Example Semi bluff: 45 56 87 76 75 74? Can we eliminate hands?

We also look at the board suits to see if villain can be influenced by suited hands.
So If board was Kd 7h 3h all the KhXh combos from above may be willing to be aggressive to the point of thinking we may fold AA and if not they have 14 outs if called.

If you take 2-3 hands you play everyday and do this homework after each session you will seldom be in a what could they have spot.

Hope this helps

:):)

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
NEVER Raise just for Information.

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank U 4 Posting.

This is an example of you needing to do more work away from the table. Why? The what is it question at the end.

Sit down and plot out what value hands play this way and what bluffs?

Example Value: AA KK AK KQ KJ K10 K9 K8 K6 K5 K4 K2 K7 K3 77 33 73? Can we eliminate hands?

We eliminate hands based on villains standard actions. Ie AA is unlikely because they would seldom play it like that. Do this for each hand.

Example Semi bluff: 45 56 87 76 75 74? Can we eliminate hands?

We also look at the board suits to see if villain can be influenced by suited hands.
So If board was Kd 7h 3h all the KhXh combos from above may be willing to be aggressive to the point of thinking we may fold AA and if not they have 14 outs if called.

If you take 2-3 hands you play everyday and do this homework after each session you will seldom be in a what could they have spot.

Hope this helps

:):)

Excellent advice, and an especially valid point about putting down AA also.

Thank you so much.

:)

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NEVER Raise just for Information.

Well, not solely for information.
He could have folded (unlikely)
He could have called, indicating at least a pair of sorts, looking to improve down further streets.
I did have top pair at the time, which, is worth the raise alone, it wouldn't have been a total bluff from my perspective.
How strong was his hand?
All raises are for information, either giving out information or for receiving it, in my opinion.

Thank you for you time