Online Poker Coaching

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Cards Chat Grinders,

I have seen many advertisements for poker coaching memberships. Jonathan little and Doug Polk seem to be the two main poker players pushing their coaching that I have seen. Has anyone ever paid for online coaching? If so did you see a dramatic improvement in your game? Let's get some info out there about these pay for poker coaching websites people. Thank you.

Good Luck To All:cool:

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello bro, so... To begin I would recomend you to do a coach with someone you sympathize... I tell you that because it's something experienced players once told me. Nothing is so boring that studying with someone you don't like. For example I do not like both you said, Jonathan Little and Doug Polk, but I really like Bencb stuff. If you like they, the way they talk the way they explain the concepts about poker you will see the improvement in your game faster than you would have by just making a random coaching.

I don't pay for the coach but I have classes with the poker team I play for, And I tell you for myself that studying with someone you judge boring will postpone your results

Last edited:

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello bro, so... To begin I would recomend you to do a coach with someone you sympathize... I tell you that because it's something experienced players once told me. Nothing is so boring that studying with someone you don't like. For example I do not like both you said, Jonathan Little and Doug Polk, but I really like Bencb stuff. If you like they, the way they talk the way they explain the concepts about poker you will see the improvement in your game faster than you would have by just making a random coaching.

I don't pay for the coach but I have classes with the poker team I play for, And I tell you for myself that studying with someone you judge boring will postpone your results

Thank you for the advice. I will make my decision based on trust as well as skill or popularity. Good luck.

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can't teach a person to play poker if they don't have a predisposition to play. you will be told in training what to do. but will you do it?

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I just finished playing at party poker for 3.5 hrs with a net return of $10 in 8th....however...I noticed the "My Game" portal and was quite impressed with just a cursory look. poker stars school was worth studying when it was around and Party Poker's seems better. The tools and the materials are out there.

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is that I never had a coach to play poker and improve my game, but I think that in the future I will. It is good that another person with more vision in the game pushes you and corrects the errors that you are having. I try to be aware of my way of playing and I try to study to improve myself, but I do not see any harm in someone helping you to progress on your path in poker.

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I don’t understand why a coach is needed. Maybe at the very beginning would explain the combination and which cards are better to play. And then ye himself by trial and error!

W

wizcup

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I don’t understand why a coach is needed. Maybe at the very beginning would explain the combination and which cards are better to play. And then ye himself by trial and error!

The idea of coaching is to have guidance of someone who had done trial and error test. So, we won't risk our bankroll to do that.

However, if you can't afford coaching or your bankroll is very limited, I think reading reference online is sufficient. Do not focus on advance strategy first. Go to basic pokerstars school course. After that you can learn odds for dummies here on cardschat. After that you can learn about bet sizing. Then find reference for something you lack.

Hand analysis thread on cardschat is also helping. You will see many thought about certain play, should we hit, raise, 3 bet. At least by doing all that, you will understand that pocket Aces hand is not a certain win.

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The idea of coaching is to have guidance of someone who had done trial and error test. So, we won't risk our Bankroll to do that.

However, if you can't afford coaching or your bankroll is very limited, I think reading reference online is sufficient. Do not focus on advance strategy first. Go to basic Pokerstars school course. After that you can learn Odds for dummies here on cardschat. After that you can learn about bet sizing. Then find reference for something you lack.

Hand analysis thread on cardschat is also helping. You will see many thought about certain play, should we hit, raise, 3 bet. At least by doing all that, you will understand that pocket Aces hand is not a certain win.

I'm not saying that pocket aces are always a win . I say that probably very few people would have thrown them on the preflop regardless of the position and bid of the opponent. Would you throw it off ?

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Cards Chat Grinders,

I have seen many advertisements for poker coaching memberships. Jonathan little and Doug Polk seem to be the two main poker players pushing their coaching that I have seen. Has anyone ever paid for online coaching? If so did you see a dramatic improvement in your game? Let's get some info out there about these pay for poker coaching websites people. Thank you.

Jonathan Little's coaching material is great and also extremely affordable.

I've paid for coaching and training videos many times in my poker career and never regretted it.

In this life knowledge is power, and when you can get the knowledge for less than $40 which will help you make 100s if not 1000s of dollars... well.. the math is pretty clear :icon_sant