LUCIUS VARENUS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
prepk6.jpg

postflopqc0.jpg

turnxv1.jpg

If you make the low on the turn (2 to 1 against), you can take it all. He cannot win a thing, only half the bets of what have already been put in, and because you put all those bets in, he's not going anywhere, because its one more bet, he has a set, and he has to "see it" since he's getting "such great pot odds" (he's not). This is the optimum situation in Omaha High Low. Pure 100% freeroll. Sure, you can see by the amount of trials that this exact situation isn't going to come up relatively often at all, but it just illustrates perfectly what I've been hammering home about scooping. He might have the best hand by far currently. But if the cards were on their backs and he could choose he should choose to fold his hand.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thems alot of words...but really thanks for taking the time, still reading (only play Omaha because I have to in HORSE)

Last edited:
L

LUCIUS VARENUS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah sorry I made a few mistakes with typos and I think I said "he probably doesnt have A2 with it" but I meant he probably doesnt hold exactly 2334 (the 2-4 combination makes the nut low draw, which would be quartering your A24K about 80% of the time)

I think I'm gonna have to go ahead and just redo this whole thing, stick it on the Omaha section. Maybe they could sticky it. I reckon the OP probably lost all interest in this post since I hijacked it to blather on about High Low

Since you play at pokerstars if you ever want to know if you're playing against me, I play as 78OFFTILT and my avatar is a picture of me looking mean.

And if I'm playing there, mostly it will be $1/$2 Omaha High Low

Fixed limit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Poker Rules - Poker Games