Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
omaha poker

Hi all.

I am taking my first steps in this modality, which I really find very attractive and in which I feel very comfortable.
I imagine that being a good Omaha player must be much more difficult than in Texas Holdem, but honestly this variant of poker caught me.
Does anyone around here play this modality? Any advice or reading suggestion for this almost fish newbie?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha Poker

Hi all.

I am taking my first steps in this modality, which I really find very attractive and in which I feel very comfortable.
I imagine that being a good Omaha player must be much more difficult than in Texas Holdem, but honestly this variant of poker caught me.
Does anyone around here play this modality? Any advice or reading suggestion for this almost fish newbie?

Thanks in advance.

Thank U 4 posting

Omaha is a great game, the first step in being really good at the game is learning the math. So few hands really dominate your V’s ranges that over valuing AAxx for instance really crushes your win rate. In Omaha a good concept to know right away is the PUSH and PULL types of hands. If you look up that concept online you will get lots of information about it.

Basically it means what hands do you 3bet preflop to narrow the field which do you just call to keep players in.

Hope this helps
:):)

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to play Omaha in the past and it was pretty profitable because people just didn't know how to play it. But it was like 15 years ago - not sure how it is now :)

I think that Omaha is actually simpler than Holdem. It's because there is less psychology, less bluffs, much more value bets and drawing only to nuts.

But if that suits you go ahead and play. You should also check the hi/low version - it's much more complicated to me.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends

Thank you very much for your answers. I'll keep them in mind for this new Omaha challenge.

Lheticus

Lheticus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to play Omaha in the past and it was pretty profitable because people just didn't know how to play it. But it was like 15 years ago - not sure how it is now :)

I think that Omaha is actually simpler than Holdem. It's because there is less psychology, less bluffs, much more value bets and drawing only to nuts.

But if that suits you go ahead and play. You should also check the hi/low version - it's much more complicated to me.

The "less bluffs" part seems more like a player affectation than a quirk of the game. Sounds to me like the pure math players might tend to gravitate to it more than other types, which would affect that kind of thing.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Read a good Omaha book. The game is crazy. The mechanics are crazy. The swings are crazy. The pots are crazy. It’s crazy.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Read a good Omaha book. The game is crazy. The mechanics are crazy. The swings are crazy. The pots are crazy. It’s crazy.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love Omaha and all Omaha varieties. I read the book PL Omaha Poker by Jeff Hwang years ago and it was helpful because it has all the basics information and strategies for the game. It has an advance book of the same author too.

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
too crazy

I tried it, it is really too crazy and honestly to complicate for me