Omaha five cards

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friends, I tried several types of poker, I am currently trained by omaha five cards, online game and five in my city. I am still not very profitable, but I have already achieved some results, I find little matter of this subject available for study, does anyone tell me something?

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't played much 5-card omaha, but I think the general strategy in loose games is to take a lot of cheap flops and look to get it in with the nuts (or nuts + redraw if possible!). It's tough to knock people out of the pot pre-flop so a straightforward style of taking flops and value betting aggressively when you hit monsters tends to work best I think.

Do other 5-card omaha players agree, or have any different strategy ideas?

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't played much 5-card omaha, but I think the general strategy in loose games is to take a lot of cheap flops and look to get it in with the nuts (or nuts + redraw if possible!). It's tough to knock people out of the pot pre-flop so a straightforward style of taking flops and value betting aggressively when you hit monsters tends to work best I think.

Do other 5-card omaha players agree, or have any different strategy ideas?

That's right, following this strategy, I played for a long time and had a profit. In my opinion, this is the charm and curse of this type of poker, on the one hand, it’s not a complicated strategy that requires a lot of outstanding mathematical skills, on the other it gets boring very quickly and I personally returned to NL Hold'em

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes friend, I was studying the pre-flop statics and many hands have small differences, even the nuts with AA, I am playing a lot of cahs and it is really practically impossible to take someone pre-flop ....