Omaha 8 help and advice

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all,

Omaha 8 can be a complicated game, if you are unaware of how to win. There is a kick to this game - there's a low pot. A low pot is made up of five different cards, ranging from ace to eight. There isn't always a low pot, but there is always a high pot. This is the game where crappy starting cards can take down half the pot. It's almost always a good idea to raise with an ace and a two, in your hand. Now, let's say you are holding an ace, a two and a three. This hand is much more powerful than just an ace and a two. You can always raise with this starting hand. This hand is much stronger because it allows you to have a chance at the low pot, if an ace, a two, or a three were to hit. You can never lose a pot with an ace to five straight. However, you have to be careful in this situation. It won't always happen, but it will happen - being quartered. This means you share the low or high pot with just one player, and he/she would win the other pot, entirely. You are beaten once and have tied the other hand, so you are left with a quarter of the pot. There is no way to avoid this. Sensing this is almost impossible as well. Choose your starting hands wisely.

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
thanks for the advice, i appreciate.
i have some struggles in omaha, i will work more in some aspects, do be a decent player

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never play all-in on preflop with only a low combination, you can only play all-in if you have a few blinds left.

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your best hand in PLO8 is AAK2 or AA23 at least you have a good chance on hitting a winning hand.with a high and a low hand. it's better when your cards or suited more chances to win. the low hand you don't have to have a straight to win has 3 cards on the table are below and 8. if you don't have an ace and a two in your hand if a two does not come up on the table. you might not win.