Number of hands on nl5

B

bravissim0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys! I recently played for money. What percentage of hands you need to open on nl5?

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Short answer: depends on position.

Shortes possible detailed answer: Try equilab opening ranges from every position, it will give you an idea of what range you should open from from what position. I havent played in a while and when i played i played MSS and had nice detailed ranges printed, for every position and for every situation (open, 3bet, 4 bet (bluff/value)) i can share them if youre interested

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how you are running. The great thing about cash games is you don't have to play a hand. You would lose very little on 5nl by just blinding because the blinds don't go up and you have no antes. There is no benefit to just stealing the blinds, they are so small. The % of hands you open simply should depend on if you are getting cards or are dead. Keep folding till you get what you are looking for.

Drowy

Drowy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short answer: depends on position.

Shortes possible detailed answer: Try equilab opening ranges from every position, it will give you an idea of what range you should open from from what position. I havent played in a while and when i played i played MSS and had nice detailed ranges printed, for every position and for every situation (open, 3bet, 4 bet (bluff/value)) i can share them if youre interested

post them here or pm me please cause i am interested

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how you are running. The great thing about cash games is you don't have to play a hand. You would lose very little on 5nl by just blinding because the blinds don't go up and you have no antes. There is no benefit to just stealing the blinds, they are so small. The % of hands you open simply should depend on if you are getting cards or are dead. Keep folding till you get what you are looking for.

I strongly disagree ;)
While, yes of course that you will open less if youre cards dead it only affects your shorterm PFR for every position.
Stealing blinds is equally important in cash game too, you wanna maximize your bb/100 right? Stealing and restealing are big part of it, same as bluf 3bet and bluff 4 bet ranges.

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
post them here or pm me please cause I am interested
This is 6-max MSS (40-60bb) if you play 100bb widen it up a bit
UTG
88+, ATs+, KQs, AJo+, KQo
MP
77+, A9s+, KJs+, ATo+, KJo+
CO
55+, A8s+, A5s-A2s, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, A9o+, KTo+, QJo
BTN/SB
22+, A2s+, K7s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 76s, 65s, 54s, A8o+, K9o+, QTo+, JTo

These are just opening ranges, I defined 3bet 4bet and AI ranges for every position and against every position. If you want i can PM them to you, posting them here wight derail the thread...

Drowy

Drowy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is 6-max MSS (40-60bb) if you play 100bb widen it up a bit
UTG
88+, ATs+, KQs, AJo+, KQo
MP
77+, A9s+, KJs+, ATo+, KJo+
CO
55+, A8s+, A5s-A2s, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, A9o+, KTo+, QJo
BTN/SB
22+, A2s+, K7s+, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 76s, 65s, 54s, A8o+, K9o+, QTo+, JTo

These are just opening ranges, I defined 3bet 4bet and AI ranges for every position and against every position. If you want i can PM them to you, posting them here wight derail the thread...

thanks,i copied them into notebad

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I strongly disagree ;)
While, yes of course that you will open less if youre cards dead it only affects your shorterm PFR for every position.
Stealing blinds is equally important in cash game too, you wanna maximize your bb/100 right? Stealing and restealing are big part of it, same as bluf 3bet and bluff 4 bet ranges.

That is a tough one. We are talking about 5nl. There just isn't a lot out there vs getting into a big pot with hands that are crushed. I could simply wait for good hands and be very successful playing the cards vs trying to play the villains. Plenty of people at that level playing pretty loose.

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do agree with that but some good habits need to be incorporated as fast as possible and some bad habits need to go as soon as possible.
When I moved from 5nl to 10nl I was a huge 5nl winner playing pretty much the way that you described, waited for big hands and when i hit i stack people and move on, was running like 11/7 vpip/pfr at 6 max and sill winning huge, when i moved to 10nl i kept the same playsitle but now i faced people who can actually fold, my sets wast always paid for stacks my AA faced so many folds preflop and i ended up losing...

That is where you need to start thinking about blinds stealing, bluffing ranges, table selection and stuff, why not skip the losing part and learn good habits where is cheaper and easier...

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to teach the theory, or even no time to refill your account

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands