KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need your own thread.

lol, maybe although snow has one now and I wouldn't want to look like I'm trying to compete or something so I'll just talk strat in here!

I've actually been doing well since I came back to poker and I think it's because I have a really good diciplined mindset right now. I have a lot of patience and I think a lot of stuff through, I mean I did befor but now I feel like I'm on a different level. Even when it was later in the mtts I won recently I did well stealing and since I got 1st in both I feel like I played the Final tables to the "T" and am getting less and less nervous and uncomfortable at them so I make good calls and catch bluffs/make good bluffs.

I also was talking to Pooffy about how important it is to become aggressive and bully while getting in the money/bubble and that you have to continue to stay aggressive in order to beat the late part of the mtt, which many people get scared and blind down because they don't make moves. I wouldn't mind talking strat about that or sweating someone in the concept. Every mtt I won a good amountof money in was done by being aggressive enough to small ball my through the late stages to the final table by stealing in the right spots by reading my opponents and knowing the right time to do it.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to sweat some tournies with you. I have been thinking for a while now of having 4 or 5 players, ala the Hendon Mob that all we do is talk strategy, review hand histories etc...
I really want to take my MTT game to the next level and I think this would be good for all involved.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this weekend is really good for me so if anyone is interested and wants to set up a day and time this weekend I am down as long as I remember lol! Just PM me

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this weekend is really good for me so if anyone is interested and wants to set up a day and time this weekend I am down as long as I remember lol! Just PM me

If I may King I would like to watch, I cash semi ...most times ,have the patience, know the m levels ...ICM. etc

I think I need a push to play some higher MTTs .

I play most nights so please PM when u are playing.

Up side qualified for a tourney for a 2010 wsop seat tonight.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just took down another 180 player MTT. It didn't hurt that at the final table, with only 3 BB left, in the BB my 77 cracked AA on the river.

Attachments

• 180-mtt win.JPG
    180-mtt win.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 12
ethon

ethon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live and online, my goal for November is to work on my 'blow ups'. For example:

I was playing in my local 25+5 tournament (usually 60 people or so) and I'm just straight rolling people all night. Starting stack of 5000, and after 5-6 levels I'm sitting in probably 3-4th place with 23k or so.

On my BB I get dealt AKs (blinds are 500/1000 with 100 ante). 2 people call, SB folds, and look at the 4000 or so in the pot and raise it up to 2200. UTG+2 shoves over top with another ~10k. I sit and think about it, knowing he probably has a high PP, but end up making the call, and sure enough he flips over aces. Had I folded that hand, I would have easily made the final table, as there were only 13 people left at this point.

Just seems like I've been going deep very often live/online recently, only to make some silly mental error that costs me very big.

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, maybe although snow has one now and I wouldn't want to look like I'm trying to compete or something so I'll just talk strat in here!

I would really enjoy reading your strategy thread if you would do one.
It would really be nice to have a thread to refer to for your thoughts.

I definately dont feel I am competeing with you and I enjoy your post but as with others its hard to get a good grasp of someones overall strategy when post are spread out amoung many threads and not done in any particular order.

I really hope you do a thread and I will watch for it!

Snow :cool:

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I've actually been doing well since I came back to poker and I think it's because I have a really good diciplined mindset right now. I have a lot of patience and I think a lot of stuff through, I mean I did befor but now I feel like I'm on a different level. Even when it was later in the mtts I won recently I did well stealing and since I got 1st in both I feel like I played the Final tables to the "T" and am getting less and less nervous and uncomfortable at them so I make good calls and catch bluffs/make good bluffs.

I also was talking to Pooffy about how important it is to become aggressive and bully while getting in the money/bubble and that you have to continue to stay aggressive in order to beat the late part of the mtt, which many people get scared and blind down because they don't make moves. I wouldn't mind talking strat about that or sweating someone in the concept. Every mtt I won a good amountof money in was done by being aggressive enough to small ball my through the late stages to the final table by stealing in the right spots by reading my opponents and knowing the right time to do it.

I'm having quite similar experiences these days (end game aggression).

After having moved to the limit/pl micros during the week (only wanted the FTP for the iron man and only had appr. 1h to play every day) -

I felt refreshed and ready for a few MTTs on the weekend.

Even entered a donkament FR by a missclick (and won it lol)....

Had a 2$ Mtt FT, too and made 7th, JJ<99 aipf..... ty dealer :boxing:

here's the last days overview:

Attachments

• FT results.jpg
    FT results.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 2311FT.jpg
    2311FT.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 6
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow - I miss my MTT's. Trying to clear bonuses at both FT and PS means I have played sng's exclusively for the past 2 weeks.

Maybe next week I can squeeze a couple in.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
put some money into UltimateBet last week, and have been playing dirt-cheap mtts/rebuys there, 25c up to $2 buy-ins, been having a good run there. Really like UB, seems like there's not so many badbeats/suckouts, and the players are friendly.
Played a 10000 player freeroll last night on FT, alongside a couple of cheap mtts so I wouldnt get bored, finished in the top 250 for entry into the weekly freeroll, which was nice, cashed in the 2 mtts as well.
Love mtts/sngs, but also trying to clear bonuses at ft, so hitting up cash tables and doing ok at the mo.
Nice graph, from virginpoker. withdrew most of my roll from there, but decided to keep a bit there for the 10c rebuy and 1 euro mtts(usually 30-50 players). Been cashing regularly which has allowed me to cash out more:

Attachments

• virgingraph.jpg
    virgingraph.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 4
dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
November = Best Month Ever

This has been by far my best Month in MTTs since I started playing. Its nice to see the hard work, studying and listening to you fine folks starting to pay off.

Attachments

• november mtt - Nov 23.JPG
    november mtt - Nov 23.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 3
the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very Nice Duff...Nice return:D

I stepped out side of my comfort zone last night and played a $30.00 mtt at doyles and did cash for $120.OO ISH.

Didn't feel out of place and knew IMO I was way better player than so many.

I do have to move up:eek:

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very Nice Duff...Nice return:D

I stepped out side of my comfort zone last night and played a $30.00 mtt at doyles and did cash for $120.OO ISH.

Didn't feel out of place and knew IMO I was way better player than so many.

I do have to move up:eek:

My only advice would be not to move up until you have the bankroll. I have finally, after numerours bustos, stuck to a BRM plan that I could follow and be profitable at.

Now that I have a decent roll, I'm finding I am being even more cautious with it. Not buying into even a turbo sng with more than 2% of it. And I haven't moved past the $11 normal sngs yet.

There are no short cuts in this game. You may get lucky but if you play over your bankroll it will catch up with you.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Won some tickets:
Dear Isildur1,
You finished the tournament in 1st place.
You have received an entry into tournament #116793743:
Name: $30,000 Guarantee
Buyin: $100.00 + $9.00

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually been playing way to much lately, and had some ups and downs, mostly ups. Has taken some shots on bigger tourneys as well, but no sucess there so far.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Came second in a $2 tourney on tilt last night for $300. Johnnybmoto railed mw which helped. Went into heads-up with a 2-1 lead but he started beating me and I panicked and spewed. My first big cash/final table so i'm still buzzing.
I'm actually a cash player mostly but I wasn't having a good day and entered a tourney to donk it up and make myself feel better. Needless to say I did.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Won some tickets:
Dear Isildur1,
You finished the tournament in 1st place.
You have received an entry into tournament #116793743:
Name: $30,000 Guarantee
Buyin: $100.00 + $9.00

Congrats man - I only made the 50+5 sat ( and traded for tourney dollars).