Not spending another dime

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to play or study poker. I don’t have the first clue what ANY of them are talking about, including the one on this site.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
to play or study poker. I don’t have the first clue what ANY of them are talking about, including the one on this site.

You do not have to spend a dime.

I have never played a hand of live poker, in fact never played a hand until joined pokerstars. I learnt poker with play chips and played limited free rolls until I joined Cards Chat and then player a lot broader range of free rolls on more sites.

Learning poker is a marathon not a sprint and you can take as long as you need to find your feet without investing a red cent.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with DS3. But with that being said, if you dont enjoy poker any more, then maybe it is better to move on to some other activity :)

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learning poker is a marathon not a sprint and you can take as long as you need to find your feet without investing a red cent.
Agreed! I have a small bankroll on 4 poker sites, all without depositing any money. I played freerolls until I won a little, then have gotten that to be a little more. Not big bankrolls, but enough to play $ tournaments. I ALWAYS continue to play the CardsChat freerolls to try to gain more bankroll for not $ investment on the poker site.

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
you also need to play. you also need to study it. theory and practice in a place.

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Every player has to deal with variance. How you handle it is completely up to you.

If you find yourself feeling victimized when you wind up on the wrong end of it, you should consider finding a new hobby. It's not going to stop happening.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You can build a bankroll from scratch if you are willing to put the time in (or alternatively, just use play chip games as others have mentioned).

Another idea is to just "look" like you know what you are doing at poker...

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You dont need to spend any money to study or play the game it you want to. It will limit your chances to improve after a while and you'll never be playing at high stakes but there is nothing wrong with that.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Read poker articles/books. You can find a lot of them online. It is one of the best ways to study the game.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Theres a lot of information for free here in this site. And freerolls to you play. But u will need a little patience to learn. Focus and hard work.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
In my opinion, the best approach is to study and apply the acquired knowledge directly during the game. There is no need to spend your own money, as everyone can create a bankroll by playing in freerolls.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not spending another dime to play or study poker. I don’t have the first clue what ANY of them are talking about, including the one on this site.

Smart idea. A dime does not go as far as it used to.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can build a bankroll from freerolls. But I have a steady job with good credit so I make small reasonable prices as if I'm saving money or investing it.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You can always play poker without spending your own money. Thanks to freerolls you can build a bankroll and improve your skills. There is nothing complicated, just play freerolls.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the secret to online poker is to make minimal deposits,never more than $20 per week/mth.If you can't win with that then you need to get better,,, ;)

T

The Long Shot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd suggest putting in some practice at play money tables. If you love the game, you'll find it more fun learning and progressing while playing - I certainly found it easier that way than through book study.

PokerStars has loads of play money cash games and tournaments, not just for Hold'em but also lots of other variants. Replay Poker is also a good option for NLHE play money games - the standard is decent and the general vibe of the place (chat, etc) is pretty welcoming imo.

melaniaaachen

melaniaaachen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You should definitely like poker. Of course, it is better to become familiar with the basics of the game and strategies. Also watch the streams of other players that explain the process of the game.