Not Always a SET is a good hand

L

Lordjosafat

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello Poker People!!

Several times we lose a tournament because we go All IN with a SET, but why we lose, there is two kinds of set, the strong one is when you have a pocket pair mining the pair is on your cards, this one is very strong just careful with the flop if is there any other pair, check that your set is higher otherwise take it slow with your bet.

when the set it´s completed with a pair on the flop there is many chances some on else could have the same SET or even higher, slow down and think twice before you go all inn

regards:jd4:

T

TryTo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very hard to gather any money if you caught the set with the pair on the table. People fear of doubled cards.

Y

Yagr27

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Привет

Very hard to gather any money if you caught the set with the pair on the table. People fear of doubled cards.

Itdepends on who you play with at the table .sometimes fast or slow raise helps

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The harsh way to lose with a set is against a straight. Set over set is rare, but happens.

Aceplayer55

Aceplayer55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its called trips if your hole cards arent paired.

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always feel that set over set is something that's pretty impossible to get away from.

Syracuseeee

Syracuseeee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some of the biggest pots I have ever lost were with TOP SET, usually when theres 4 to a flush or a scary str8 board after the flop

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Well u cant be always scared to play your set, u have to win chips after all thats the name of the game, u have 4 bets, bets size and time it takes some1 to bet to make your decision online, u have even more tools to your advantage in live poker, to see if your set is good or not, they can be a little tricky, but most of the time safe to play.

hueanu

hueanu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like how you play and luck: D I usually can bet game

SnGLearn

SnGLearn

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you caught the set with the pair on the safe flop, a good idea is slow paly if you're out of position against aggressive player. When you're in position you always should bet (2/3 pot). Often, your bet will be received by the opponent as a bluff. The opponent will often call with a over pairs or top pair.
If you caught the set with the pair on the unsafe flop, you make big raises and bet large, bigger than a safe flop.

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
3 of a kind with pocket pair is called set, 3 of a kind with pair on the board is called trips, naturally the set is much much stronger hand than trips where you can easily run into trips with higher kicker or even worse while you flopped trips someone might have flopped full house and you are drawing dead there...
rule of thumb here should be that you dont try to build huge pot with trips but you do wanna get all your money in with set...

M

Mars123

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, because another player can have full house, that often happens to me

anonimalit

anonimalit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to control the pot, take the maximum and lose the chip minimum

maniaka68

maniaka68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fear to so many times i wiil end my tourney because i don`t have luck :(

vjkask

vjkask

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i check always if i can, even if i have something and wait for the river then go with full power,, i have checked out many times with 4th kind vs full houses and flushes... :D

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands