Noob

xOuroborosx

xOuroborosx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PH
Chips
Hi, I'm new to the game. How should I study to learn the finer points of poker? I'm more interested in NLHE.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello and welcome to the Cardschat community!

I would say a very good place to start would be under the "poker strategy & Rules" Tab we have a few options on where to start depending on your current knowledge of the game either the "How To Play Poker" or the "30 Day Poker School" articles would be a good place to start.

Do you know what types of games you're interested in?

Generally Cash Games can be tougher but they give you a little more freedom over your time as you're able to get up and leave the table whenever you want.

Multi-Table Tournaments (MTTs) are much more demanding on your time as you will be stuck at a table for many hours but in general hey are softer compared to cash games for a similar stake.

And then there's kind of a middle ground with Sit & Gos, Ususally a single table SNG can run for about an hour but are more similar to tournaments in strategy and difficulty buy you'll have a lower Return On Investment (ROI) than you would in MTTs meaning it will take longer to spin up a large roll, but it will come with lower variance than MTTs due to their field size.

Hopefully this should give you a few things to think about and help you find your preferred game type but so far as learning actual strategy you're definitely in the right place and I would start in one of the two places I listed above!

PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
Hello, it's better to read free courses and make a small deposit in some poker room, because in freerolls you won't understand the intricacies of playing no-limit hold'em

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You received some advice from friends of cc, enjoy, follow