Newbie tips and hand ranging

M

marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

I have made one precious post but it seems to be delated for some reason! I had an amazing response though none the less, just to touch upon what I said, I am soon hoping to jump into the micro stakes after playing a lot of free chips and also re searching and reading some poker books and online.

However, my question is, what tips would you have for w new comer to poker and also does anyone have any good tips on re searching or where to look online about hand ranging? I am struggling with this :/

Looking forward to hearing from you great guys again, thanks in advance

Marlon

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
bankroll in poker is the most important thing, remember this !!! if you work hard on your game, you will surely succeed !!! GOOD LUCK !!!

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand ranging is a totally fluid subject. These are a few of the many factors that need to be quantified. Are you in a tournament setting or a ring game? If in a tournament, what round are you in, what is your chip stack, what are the characteristics of the other players on your table, just to mention a few. Regardless of whether you are in a tournament or ring game, what is your position with respect to the blinds? Sometimes mucking AK suited is the correct move while the correct move with the same hand in another situation is to 3 bet. I have actually seen a scenario where mucking AA before the flop was the correct move. Not that I am good enough to do it! Good luck.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys,

I have made one precious post but it seems to be delated for some reason! I had an amazing response though none the less, just to touch upon what I said, I am soon hoping to jump into the micro stakes after playing a lot of free chips and also re searching and reading some poker books and online.

However, my question is, what tips would you have for w new comer to poker and also does anyone have any good tips on re searching or where to look online about hand ranging? I am struggling with this :/

Marlon

First of all you need a good understanding of the bankroll management, to get used with moving up/down in stakes based your current roll. Also you have to study a lot , to figure out if some moves are profitable or not in long term and also you have to play and practice what you have leaned. This is my advice for you. Good luck in your journey

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
If you are a beginner, I recommend that you play only in freerolls. Due to this you will get a good experience and you will be able to increase your bankroll. In addition, it is very important to be patient and play only with strong cards.

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Tips

I'll find good tips for you developing your own game. Hand's analysis are very important, first there is a simple diference between fixed limit and no limit poker games but there are some BB logic among them.:burnout:

M

marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
If you are a beginner, I recommend that you play only in freerolls. Due to this you will get a good experience and you will be able to increase your bankroll. In addition, it is very important to be patient and play only with strong cards.

Hi:D

Thanks for your reply, I have a problem with the free rolls, I seem to get knocked out fairly quickly as they’re all MTTs right? And there isn’t a great deal to play maybe a couple a day on poker stars..... am I missing a trick here?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand ranges beginner

Hi guys,

Marlon

Thank you for posting.

Jonathan little, a poker coach is great for Hand Ranges. You can find his material for free on youtube on the subject. He even has a free range analyzer tool you can use and a video detailing how to use it.

https://floattheturn.com/wp/tools/range-analyzer/

Hope this helps

:):)

M

marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for posting.

Jonathan little, a poker coach is great for Hand Ranges. You can find his material for free on youtube on the subject. He even has a free range analyzer tool you can use and a video detailing how to use it.

https://floattheturn.com/wp/tools/range-analyzer/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w9wK-uZ8Tw

Hope this helps

:):)

Hi mate,

Thanks for your response that’s greatly appreciated, I was looking for a tool to input the % range and to see the given cards to understand the range a little better so that’s great stuff cheers again

M

marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll find good tips for you developing your own game. Hand's analysis are very important, first there is a simple diference between fixed limit and no limit poker games but there are some BB logic among them.:burnout:

That would be great if you could :)

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi:D

Thanks for your reply, I have a problem with the free rolls, I seem to get knocked out fairly quickly as they’re all MTTs right? And there isn’t a great deal to play maybe a couple a day on poker stars..... am I missing a trick here?

The $10 freeroll on America's Cardroom runs as often as people register for it! So there is pretty much one running all day every day.. With a little practice you will be able to make the final table fairly often! It just might take a bunch of tries in one day. Best of luck

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My tip is to take a deep breath, try to ease defeats as fast as possible and stay focused because many bads will happen:dancing2::sleep:

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the freerolls on cardschat, you can learn a lot of things.

M

marlonksmith

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the freerolls on cardschat, you can learn a lot of things.

Ok I will give them a bash, do I need to sign up to anything else in here additional to what I hav already to play the free rolls?:jd4:

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Poker Tips