K

kapable71

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everybody,

ok im quite new at the game and im wondering what it means when i read an article and it says "these hands are to weak to call with better to 3bet them" and if you cant call with them why would you 3bet them? if someone could give an explanation and maybe an example,:)
that would be much appreciated!!

thanks in advance

keith

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if i understand correctly it's telling you to bluff. If you call, you are rarely going to win the hand so it would be better to raise in order to represent something stronger.
Maybe you can show me the article.

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, welcome!
Because if you pay you will always be late to his range. Then you prefer to make 3bet of bluff or fold
This happens for example when you have A2-5s and you do 3bet many times you will fold hands like A9-AT-AJ. Hands that if you pay you will be completely destroyed. On the other hand, the fact that you have an Ace decreases the chances of him having it, that's why it's a good hand for bluff-raising

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the others above have summed it up pretty well - if you call, you are likely behind them but if you 3bet, you will a percentage of the time pick up the pot right there and over time, this move would be more profitable. When you decide to play hands, it's better to be aggressive and try and take down the pot rather than be passive.

Mycetism

Mycetism

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyhand could win, sometimes you are better to make a 3big blind raise then simply call. Calling is ok but not the best. Aggression is a important key of poker

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everybody,

ok im quite new at the game and im wondering what it means when i read an article and it says "these hands are to weak to call with better to 3bet them" and if you cant call with them why would you 3bet them? if someone could give an explanation and maybe an example,:)
that would be much appreciated!!

thanks in advance

keith

It would be hands like 67s Basically in poker based on where we are at the table in relation to the button is called position. We edit our "Range" based on position. Our range is the hands that we choose to play. The article you are reading is implying that there has been an open. An open is when a player puts in the first bet. The article is saying that hands like 67s AJs or as I'm sure you read all the other hands listed in the article hands that are too weak to flat (or call) with because most likely with these hands we are behind villains range (villain being the opponent) and their range being the hands that they are opening (making the first bet) with. You should 3 bet because it's always better to be the aggressor. When in doubt, raise.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Most beginners play way to many hands, so if you don't think your hand is good enough to raise with you should fold most of the time. It may seem more boring but if making money is your focus, as opposed to avoiding boredom be prepared to fold often.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hans that are to weak to call with can often be used as a 3bet bluff in a polerized 3bet range strategy.You also need to look up linear 3bet ranges and learn when and where to use different strategies.