New thread on facebook omaha mistakes for beginners

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well I think most people have a very basic skill level at omaha i watch monsters daily winning hundreds and thousands..... If people whom think they could play 1/2 they'd probably wind up losing their houses lol....

I am learning winning almost daily on acr in 2.20 or lower buy ins. Pretty steady... Still learning though and you will not see me on 1/2 for awhile can meet me sometime on 64spades playing 05/10 cent etc..... to rake some hands for freerolls they have over the coming months is a few you can qualify for 25k gtd and lower ones etc... anyway omaha is harder then people realize...> i play it as what is the opponent trying to do over what im trying to do their for I am not chasing for something and tend to get solid results.

So im playing defensive type of poker or omaha PL..... which is against my holdem nature but my tournament history was either i took it all or was out in like 5 minutes.... Now I am picking spots based on table, skill level of players how aggro they are etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
why do you feel that way guwanch? I def do not feel that way at all....Omaha played defensively doesnt need a lot of luck obviously an 8 man table is better then a six man if not getting good starters and for higher stakes and maniacs who play omaha imho.... yet i can hold own last night played for an hour and lost 80 cents ,,, had good starters but the flops were lacking on a table that was raising on avg every other hand 25/50 cent 2.75 to see each flop.... anyway coulda used a bit of luck to come out ahead but was able to stay and wait and then just got disgusted or tired or bored at hitting nothing lol.....