New player

V

Vasiliy Gorshkov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Friends!!! I'm a beginner player. I read a lot of material about poker and about the strategy. Tell me please what style of play is the best for a beginner?

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the books says that is a TAG (tight aggressive) style but it is not right on a rock. If the table is very tight you should be more loose, playing more hands stealing the blinds, if a play open raise too often you should try a 3-bet light with a suit connectors or a Ax hand.

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, it all depends on what you play: cash games, tournaments or free freerolls. Then the game depends on the style of the game opponents, you need to read the moves and actions of the enemy. I choose the style of the game at the table during the game!

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the books says that is a TAG (tight aggressive) style but it is not right on a rock. If the table is very tight you should be more loose, playing more hands stealing the blinds, if a play open raise too often you should try a 3-bet light with a suit connectors or a Ax hand.

Agree. I think its important to pay attention in the player on you left. If he is playing tight, you can approach a loose style, playing more hands than normally.

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Friends!!! I'm a beginner player. I read a lot of material about poker and about the strategy. Tell me please what style of play is the best for a beginner?

tight aggresive is best for a new player. If you too nervous to play that way, just fold the cards you don't know. I mean fold if you unsure you'll win. Play freerolls to begin with, it's a great training ground.

K

Krzysztof Zyskowski

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree,tight agressive is the best:)

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi Vasiliy, welcome to CC! If you are a beginner or a professional, i think the best way is still to look at the table first to see how you should act.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

I hope you enjoy! ;)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play freerolls,,,go nuts! Play almost every hand,try check raising,limping,,,all-ins. Get your feet wet,get a good feel for how the cards drop. Don`t worry about results right away. FIND YOUR GAME:cool:. and welcome to CC,bro. ;)

G

gabrielckp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play SnG 9 players, it's ideal for bubble situations, heads-up etc.. and the variance will be very low.

V

Vasiliy Gorshkov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for your answers !!! I will take your advice into account and will learn how to play as a good player. I hope in the future We will meet with you at the poker table))) Good luck and big winnings !!!!

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say that excessive aggression is not the best for the beginner.. a few bad hands, unexpected cards on the river at the confidence can be lost, I would give advice to play more passive with the in-depth study of opponents and assessment of the situation at the table in different hands

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that you need to play only strong hands, and after you will have some experience you can try to change your strategy.

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Start with Tight Game. This is a safe type game with a little hands in which you play. When you study this style you can try with aggressive style

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This prospect of short-term play is very common among beginning players of both online poker and live poker, as it is difficult to think long term when you make a profit or suffer losses in each hand.

S

Supmargy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since you're a beginner:
I'd advise to go play for play money or freeroll tournaments before jumping into real money games.
There are different styles of play, but in those games many people do not have the discipline to fold. Therefore it's NOT advised to bluff. Practice that when stakes are higher. (semibluff is not the same as bluffing. If you don't know the difference, look it up)
Since there are different styles, I'd try them all out if I were you. Just decide beforehand how you want to play and stick to it. try to see if it works or not. Once you've played a couple of thousand hands you'll start noticing trends . What works, what not, and what others do that works and not.

Shit happens, you'll have some bad luck and get frustrated or even tilted. Make sure you keep focussed and if you can't, just stop playing for a while.

Dibsmaker

Dibsmaker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight aggressive.
You should look some tutorials like Inteli Poker / Poker School on pokerstars. There is much information how to play.