New kid in town, starting off in a new site..

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you decide to try a new site, where you are an unknown quantity, how should you build a table image? Just play the games you are best at,.NLHE, for example? And maybe splash around, bully, speculate at the micro/free level, to balance out any success you have playing your best strategy.

In closing, does anybody think table image is more or less important at sites that don't have as much traffic as others?

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just play your game. Building an image maybe is effective in occasional live games, but online just play your a-game, because you can never meet same players again on the tables. And if you do, because they play a lot, so what's the point with building the image of a nit or aggro player. People are smarter nowadays, they will adapt to you faster and you can earn less money because you tried something new. Just focus to play your best.

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think building an image is hugely important, with so many people playing online, you aren't likely to run into the same people hugely often. Playing at a new site, I would recommend sticking to what you are best at and play your usual game.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would not worry about your image, Most of the time your not going to play the same players and when you do on the occasion they probably wont remember your playing style, I play on a private site and even though we play each other all the time the only time they notice what my image is, is when i make a change in the current game we are playing.

A

aces4allin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hiya Im new m8 aswell

My advice is just play what you play best and dont mind your table image. People will only decide on your image when they see how good you play so play the games that you are most comfortable with...:D

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I would say just start playing. Table image is important at every table you play at. If your playing to aggressive, well players will see that and play accordingly. If you play too tight, players see that and play accordingly. The way I started was playing a learning from my mistakes. I think thats the best way to go about it.

Good Luck!

M

Myone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree

Why build an image online when you want to start as low key as possible until you make your first million, cash speak louder

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to create an image within yourself...
and after that, when you sit at the tables - everyone will see you the way you need...
:bandit:

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Table image cant help with 1500 chips in front of you. Make a huge stack from 1500 chips and you start to create a table image.

seven_outs

seven_outs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
imo table image is ALWAYS important, since you can use it to your advantage in adapting and make your enemies guess what kind of player you are.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On micro-limits, the image does not matter.