Needing inspiration!

D

Darthrazer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've carelessly busted out online. Literally just on PLO zoom on Stars and PLO cash on ggpoker. I've been doing OK in every other format. I'm feeling a bit disheartened by this. Does anyone have any good stories about learning from bankroll busting mistakes that might help me get my enthusiasm for online poker back?

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!Probably you are an experienced player and do not play on enthusiasm once offline you are doing well.And the fact that today was not your best day in online poker is nothing to worry about.So you are not quite ready for serious battles and you should study the aspects of online poker game strategy-to analyze the speed of your flight and whether you should play online at all.Or maybe the discipline isn't yours.There are a lot of things to think about and improve your game with everyday classes .Victory is in your hands-you just have to want it!Good luck friend!

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
If i'd need inspiration then i tend to imagine that all the people in my table are haters so i wouldn't be sad at all if i see them having bad luck or even get eliminated. This usually works quite well in cardchat games :cool:

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I already went through that bad experience a few years ago, you have to stop playing that PLO modality because it is a double-edged sword, dedicate yourself only to the one that you dominate better and have much more skill in the game and you will do better.
Respect the rules of your bankroll do not play outside your bank at levels that cannot support your bankroll, play with a lot of discipline.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bankroll

I've carelessly busted out online. Literally just on PLO zoom on Stars and PLO cash on ggpoker. I've been doing OK in every other format. I'm feeling a bit disheartened by this. Does anyone have any good stories about learning from bankroll busting mistakes that might help me get my enthusiasm for online poker back?
busting the bank depends a lot on how we play I've done it several times out of low values ​​for a good bank and ended up busting my tip and playing less and analyzing previously lost plays not to repeat and not try to recover the loss at the last minute play in moderation like you played a 1.10 mtt it took bad so don't go thirsty to the pot wait a little longer before trying to recover because you are still in a bad state and you may end up playing bad for trying to recover the bankroll in a single game you lose everything

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stop trying to win quickly,,,slow everything down. :deal:

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I do. Play 1 cent - 2 cent cash games. 9 table. Save your best for MP-CO-BTN. Play only top left quad and always bet at least 2x. Follow that & I think you will start enjoying and winning. Cheers!

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

#1. Stay hard

#2. How to Manage Your Bankroll in Poker - Top Tips for 2021 (cardschat.com)

#3. Try watching Good Pros on Twitch/Youtube

It's a little harder to find people that consistently stream PLOs but there are definitely some good one's out there - I'd suggest CourtieBee & Jeff Gross' channel. They play quite a bit of PLO.

BestBetLIVE also runs some PLO cash games that are streamed live and they've got a really good production team that makes the live games really easy to follow :)

To me it sounds like you've just lost a bit of a desire to play PLO and that's an easy fix. Have a goal in mind when you start playing, Win or Lose. Maybe try lowering the stakes of your games. Analyze your hands in PLO through a HUD/ICMizer. Post some hand histories to the forum? There's tons of great people here always looking to help out and learn from each other :)

Best of luck to you on your Poker Journey & learning more about Effective Bankroll Management Strategies :)

Last edited:
E

Elfina777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Inspiration and the desire to play poker are always needed, if you don't have it, you shouldn't play, if you have lost faith that you can win, good music, advice from a friend and a sober head can help.