Need some help ( freerolls )

ripclawph

ripclawph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
guess you did the right thing waited for a good hand to catch a donk, but poker is poker and donks really sometimes win... but if you want to feel good after loosing to one, better check how he ended up in the tourney you played with and i bet it will give you a nice grin on your face.... :D

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
!!

I agree that you done about all you can against an allin every hand player that sucks out most of the time.
I really really hate when the poker sites reward bingo players and donkeys,who obviosly play like an ass.Sometimes I have called with low cards and doubled up on them,if you bet big cards,it seems you will lose to the allin donks every time...so either avoid them when you can,or wait,or bet low cards and suckout on them hopefully.Obv,this is not a good strategy.

Z

ZODECI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last couple of free rolls I have bee in I keep running into a BIG problem that I cannot seem to shake or get around.
Last night was horrible.. So much so I just wanted to puke RIGHT onto my keyboard.
Here is the major issue.. several times last night during a " merge " 200 dollar free roll I ran into at least 1 or 2 morons at a table who were pushing all in every hand or every other hand... Fine I think to myself... If I hit 10 10 or better I will call but that never came.. The first couple of tables they ended up getting out ( thank god ) so then I made my chips stack right back up even being for the most part card dead.
So heere I am sitting on about 3800 worth of chips being the chip leader on the table about in 1500 place out of 3000 or so. In comes donk 3 and starts his or her shit again... All in all in all in all in ... every stinking hand or every other hand .. now blinds are around 150 -300 mark.... lot of people ready to go out and this moron is just chipping away at my stack. After awhile I am down to about 1800-2000 mark and blinds are about ready to go up.. o btw did I mention that this idiot sucked out on almost every person he went up against ?? it was sick.. at any rate I made the push with AK and even then we ended up chopping with 2 pair A and 6 on the board.. sick ! he had A 9 ..
Ok moving along.. later in the tourney the blinds have gone up and some more lowr chip stacks have moved to our table.. my chip stack is back down AGAIN because of this idiot.. so I finally get a hand 99 ... I push this time and he calls with A9 and hits a set of AA on the river and turn..
Seriously.. what the heck do you do with someone like that. I waited and waited on putting him on a good hand and finally after waiting on long enough and knowing what he is calling with I shoved with a PP and he stick donks out and hits.
Suggestions on how to overcome a idiot who is shoving all the time ??

It's kind of expected when you have a player field in the thousands. Either sit out for 30-45 mins (until the donkeys bust) or only play shove/fold with premium hands and hope that you don't get sucked out on.

ferratus

ferratus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks all for the intel on this matter

E

Eddie Leeway

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's truly annoying, but you need to be patient (which everyone's saying)

I just started online myself, and freerolls are full of these knuckleheaded fools which can drive you crazy, but you need to play YOUR game. Don't let them get under your skin.

I know its a challenge with online poker with all the crazy flops and magic rivers that come along with online playing while you have a ton of people playing like it's some video game.

I try to play choice hands. If I can limp in on a few with only a short group of up to 4 players in some hands and try to make things happen.

On Cake Poker I've been playing for about 10 days. I usually play the freeroll satellite for Saturday's $1k game. I qualified my first week, and made it into the short money, but I find it to be a worthwhile challenge as I work on my game before I put my first deposit down.

It is what it is if you choose to play freerolls....and I consider it a challenge and it helps me stay away from playing too many hands.

Good Luck to you*

Freeroll Passwords