PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Look inward and your answer will be more complete than my analysis."

Day 4 of my break.

Thanks again for the replies. Thanks STL FAN for reminding me about this. When I first started being active here at CC, I was told this very thing, just in different words. I was put on a strict diet of no tilt, no negatives, and some confidence builders. All the advice I received has worked, and I know it will continue to work when I get myself back together. Hopefully that will be after a week, and when I open a site and play. GL you all

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wanted to post in here one more time. Yesterday evening I tried a MTT at FF and BCP. I did not do good at all. Anyway, thanks you all for all the replies and advice.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that a break from the game is prolly best. Your lack of interest is surely affecting your concentration, ability to read hands and situations and fully take all information into account. Get away for bit and try again later. Even Poker players need a vacation.

R

Ray Sliva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PapaC you have helped me in the past when I had questions and I trust your feelings for the game. Share your wisdom with all who are in doubt with their own struggles. Sometimes it is not the game but the journey. Thanks for helping me when I was not sure at times. See you at the tables PapaC.--r

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks CallmeFloppy and Ray Sliva for your replies and advice. Thanks for letting me know that Ray. You wonder sometimes if what you say helps anyone. I got a lot of help here too. I played 3 freerolls and one $1.10 buy in yesterday. I won nothing, but I am feeling a little better today. GL you all

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand what you're feeling. Try changing atmosphere. Play live only for the next few months. Start a homegame. Find a home game. Enter those bar leagues and play in those and meet some new people. Bar leagues are everywhere and fun. Just take a break from starring at the screen for a bit. Computers can make us feel dull sometimes.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ghOst that is some good advice. However, right now, I have no way to go any where. All I can do is sit here most of the day and play, or read. But that's going to be over in a little over a month. Then I will have my SSI, and I'm going to get me a truck first thing. Then I have a lot of things planned. For sure I won't be sitting around here much. Anyway guys/gals I got up this morning, drank my coffee, got me a hot shower, washed my dishes, and set down here and started playing. Been fun so far. I even cashed in a small MTT at FF.That was the first one I played, and that is the BR I been worried about. I do feel better today. Thanks you all for the support. It has helped

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ghOst that is some good advice. However, right now, I have no way to go any where. All I can do is sit here most of the day and play, or read. But that's going to be over in a little over a month. Then I will have my SSI, and I'm going to get me a truck first thing. Then I have a lot of things planned. For sure I won't be sitting around here much. Anyway guys/gals I got up this morning, drank my coffee, got me a hot shower, washed my dishes, and set down here and started playing. Been fun so far. I even cashed in a small MTT at FF.That was the first one I played, and that is the BR I been worried about. I do feel better today. Thanks you all for the support. It has helped

Oh ok. Then try a new poker atmosphere. Have you ever played on Hog Wild Poker?

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even though I need a break, I keep thinking I'm giving up, and that is something I don't want to do. Am I playing scared poker? I do seem to be thinking more about losing than I am about winning.

Hey PapaC
You might find it invigorating to do some poker sweats, have some one watch your play or watch someone else. it does wonders for the concentration when you have to verbalize why and doing what you are doing.
In your initial post it kind of sounded like you are playing too tight, but I know nothing about your game, if you fancy doing this let me know.
You are welcome to watch me anytime and we have a group sweat sessions on Tuesdays for members of the polished poker thread. This is all done via skype its not too difficult to use and its a great way to learn.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think i would just take a break, if poker isnt fun or you are not playing your best their is no reason to play

if you take a week off i bet you come back more focused and more excited to play and play your best

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never give up, Never surrender, Grind until you bleed .... BD2 ;)

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah it's been awhile since I posted this tread, and I was on break 5 days and I've been back playing 5 days. I've cashed in 4 MTTs at FF. The last one was 3rd for $65. That really helped my BR. But still along ways from what it was. So I'm just playing low buy ins for now and climbing the latter slowly.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well wanted to let you all know that the break done a lot of good. I'm having a lot of fun, but I'm not playing a lot so I won't get bored again. I mean like 4 or 5 hours a day. What is great, is that my BR at FF has increased 110% in the past week. But I'm going to stay with the low buy ins for awhile longer. They have worked good so far. Now my problem is at BCP. That BR has decreased 50% in the past month. So what I plan to do there is play only 3 MTT a day there. All 3 will only cost me about $4 a day. My BR will last along time doing that. Besides I would really like to win them even if the prize pool is small. Well GL you all and thanks again for all the replies.

Al Spath

Al Spath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you PapaC at FF poker? I'll look for you.. I'm Teach!

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah that's me. Will look out for you too