Need pro advice. My obstacle in poker, the weaker hand

M

M1cr0p0k3r

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So ive been playing micro stakes poker for quite some time. But there’s this obstacle i run into each time i play.

I always start out great, i flip my deposit 9/10 times. After that though i always lose. It seems Im always having what seems like the nuts being beaten by a better hand. This always starts happening. Even my aces or other monster hands. And theyre always huge pots or all in situations. Hands to good to fold get beaten by low pairs calling huge pot bets, making full houses on the river. Hands that absolutely dont make sense calling huge preflop, calling huge Raises on the flop and turn, and beating me on the river.

Because it happened so Many times. Even when i fold such hands, when i notice being called on my bets when it doesnt make sense. It will just keep happening with all my monsters.

I need to overcome this to become a better player and reach the next level. But ive been stuck like that for Ages.

I need tips and advice here. Certainly Im not the only one experiencing this. So how do the pro’s handle this?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So ive been playing micro stakes poker for quite some time. But there’s this obstacle i run into each time i play.

I always start out great, i flip my deposit 9/10 times. After that though i always lose. It seems Im always having what seems like the nuts being beaten by a better hand. This always starts happening. Even my aces or other monster hands. And theyre always huge pots or all in situations. Hands to good to fold get beaten by low pairs calling huge pot bets, making full houses on the river. Hands that absolutely dont make sense calling huge preflop, calling huge Raises on the flop and turn, and beating me on the river.

Because it happened so Many times. Even when i fold such hands, when i notice being called on my bets when it doesnt make sense. It will just keep happening with all my monsters.

I need to overcome this to become a better player and reach the next level. But ive been stuck like that for Ages.

I need tips and advice here. Certainly Im not the only one experiencing this. So how do the pro’s handle this?

Thank U 4 Posting

The way the pros handle hitting a wall is to reach out to others to solve very specific problems in their game. The key is to solve very specific problems.
I get sucked out on is not a specific problem.

It takes several steps to to get good feedback.

The first step is to identify what may be happening that is not obvious to you.

From you statements above you seem to be building huge pots vs calling stations who have nut out draws. So when you get all in, what is your equity %?
Are you reviewing your hands to be sure that you are not taking too many flips for stacks. If you are, then you are negating your skill advantage. Taking flips is great vs better players but flipping for stacks vs a player who will give you their stack 5 hands later with 10% equity is not a great strategy.

Again I have no idea if you are doing anything wrong as your post is far too general.

So if you can find a hand to post in the hand analysis area and when you do, pick a hand that you want to know if your bet sizing was correct.

Posting a hand like- I flopped a set and my villain check raised called a 90 bb shove and hit runner runner flush has no learning value for you. We all get those hands- no one, not the best players in the world, do not lose those pots.

If you have any more questions just click quote and reply and I will try to help if I can. Please try to ask only one very specific question that you want to learn about at a time.

Hope this helps
:):)

Last edited:
Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands