Need help with Heads up NLH

natnit4life

natnit4life

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Got destroyed in the second round of a home game I played on stars, I don't want to play poker anymore :D
The first round aggression worked most of the time for me but the second round they were more aggressive and called cbets with air.
I felt lost and had no idea how to play against them, as my stack got to 50BB and lower I felt the pressure.
When I got to around 30BB all I felt was doom, I'm thinking I should have waited for goodish hands and then re raise shove on the flop if I have 5 X or less than is in the pot.
Also think I should have folded more as i kept calling cbets and turn bets, I think that can be a good strategy against most players but not for who I was playing.
I will post some more hands later, I want to punch a wall so might go to bed lol

Here is the final hand -

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got destroyed in the second round of a home game I played on stars, I don't want to play poker anymore :D
The first round aggression worked most of the time for me but the second round they were more aggressive and called cbets with air.
I felt lost and had no idea how to play against them, as my stack got to 50BB and lower I felt the pressure.
When I got to around 30BB all I felt was doom, I'm thinking I should have waited for goodish hands and then re raise shove on the flop if I have 5 X or less than is in the pot.
Also think I should have folded more as i kept calling cbets and turn bets, I think that can be a good strategy against most players but not for who I was playing.
I will post some more hands later, I want to punch a wall so might go to bed lol

Here is the final hand -

Poker is all about the bluff

You probably would have shut down some of those cbets and floats with some nice Jams

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Nothing personal, man, but CC provide a cours, if you want check this out... At least you will understand more than me (English is your mother tongue).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Here is the final hand -

This bet here is not going to get called by worse and doubtful you're going to fold out any hands that beat you.

fwiw, poker isn't 'all about the bluff'. It's all about 'value betting' and by doing so you can set up your bluffs.

think of the bright side... it can only go up from here! :)

MrCryJoker

MrCryJoker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'd love to read tips here, because I'm also weak in 1 on 1 games and often have problems.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think so <3
think of heads up as being the dealer with no cards.

flops are dynamic and change the frequency of which two random cards can continue

So when he cbets on 1022 or J 43 or any highly disconnected flop(That is not dynamically gonna change that disconnection)
You can either JAM with a low frequency of mixed value and bluff equally
Or with a higher frequency float to the turn with both value and bluffs equally

From here you can decide another entire line of actions

(pssssst....Your'e supposed to be equal in bluff and value)
(but if they don't know that...bluff every fkin hand and then don't bluff for awhile )

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
notice when they are doing the same things im telling you to do
So you can make some sick call downs as well

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Those guys are better than you and we’re outplaying you. You have to start studying strategies and learn how to outplay them. I know studying is no fun but put some time in and you’ll get better. Everything you described happens to new players. There are plenty of things you can do differently if you open up your mind and find what you are doing wrong and then find the answers to fix it. Good luck!

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
These tough aggressive players including the table alpha male only understand aggression, Sit tight until you get a monster hand and come back at them with your own aggressive move. In the meantime, read, study, watch and learn. This forum is a good start!

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These tough aggressive players including the table alpha male only understand aggression, Sit tight until you get a monster hand and come back at them with your own aggressive move. In the meantime, read, study, watch and learn. This forum is a good start!
Bud, you prolly missed the title referring to HU NLHE, you should not "Sit tight until you get a monster hand..." in these games. LOL

natnit4life

natnit4life

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Thanks for all the comments <3
I was also very tired when I played that heads up shoot out, I don't sleep well and had been playing for many days.
I have now thought of a strategy that I'm going to test out, I think it should work ;)
With me luck Haha

If any of you wanna play/practice heads up cash at 2NL let me know ;)

GL to all of you!

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was also very tired when I played that heads up shoot out, I don't sleep well and had been playing for many days.
I have now thought of a strategy that I'm going to test out, I think it should work ;)
With me luck Haha

GL to all of you!
lol
Your'e funny
You shouldn't wanna play us just yet

I'm Luckier

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
With me luck Haha

GL to all of you!
Alright that’s the spirit!