Need advice

C

Chrisxxx9876

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have lost 7 times in a row today with pocket AA and 3 times with KK.I know they are not unbeatable but come on that makes no sense.I am so fustrated with my luck I really dont know what to do.

I am far from a pro but I play a good bit and feel like wait for very good starting hands and more times than not I lose to the worst hands you could imagine.I have lost 7 times in a row today with pocket AA.I really am so fustrated I dont know what to do.Any advice would be helpfull.I know that is just part of it but I just dont see how over time hands like 92o keep beating me

Last edited by a moderator:
puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ok. Are your AA and KK losses all from pre-flop all-ins? If not and you saw the flops or more streets, there may be something for you to learn in analyzing those hands.

For example, if 92o is coming along for the ride, you may not be betting or raising enough to keep these hands out of the pot. If it's bigger stacks getting involved in your hands, you may have positional play issues or may not be betting appropriately relative to the stack sizes of the villains that may enter your pots.

Often times the suck outs are a result of multiple players entering the pot and obviously they will sort themselves out so that the best hand remains in the pot. AA and KK play well against one opponent. Any more than that with multi-way pots, they become vulnerable unless the board hits you hard.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
puzzlefish is absolutely right - there is a difference between cracked aces pre-flop and cracked aces at the river. Even more to this aspect adds if you play cash games (not tournaments) as people in cash games far less often go All-in pre-flop.

If you feel bad, take look at me - it is almost two years I am in a downswing, losing in bad beats. I am a veteran player. So I suggest you take a beer and watch TV for a couple of days and just move on :)

C

Chrisxxx9876

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok. Are your AA and KK losses all from pre-flop all-ins? If not and you saw the flops or more streets, there may be something for you to learn in analyzing those hands.

For example, if 92o is coming along for the ride, you may not be betting or raising enough to keep these hands out of the pot. If it's bigger stacks getting involved in your hands, you may have positional play issues or may not be betting appropriately relative to the stack sizes of the villains that may enter your pots.

Often times the suck outs are a result of multiple players entering the pot and obviously they will sort themselves out so that the best hand remains in the pot. AA and KK play well against one opponent. Any more than that with multi-way pots, they become vulnerable unless the board hits you hard.
Thanks for the advice. I still have alot to learn about the game.I have been playing for a couple of years online like 6hrs a day and still feel like I am a complete beginner.thanks

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the advice. I still have alot to learn about the game.I have been playing for a couple of years online like 6hrs a day and still feel like I am a complete beginner.thanks

Hi Chris, Sorry to hear that you haven’t been running well. When this happens to me, I like to remind myself that poker wouldn’t be a popular game without variance—if all we had to do was get it in good and then be guaranteed to win, very few people would stick around to play—the variance is what makes poker the most interesting game in the world imo. Keep striving to improve and I’m sure your luck will turn around soon :)

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The better you can do its dont think about that.
Try play your A game and forget that.
If you see flop, turn and river you have to think if you still have better hand.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes this happens to everyone. The best option in such situations is a break. Just try to take a walk and get distracted.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in recent times, no luck. The last games in the League I lose on a strong hand.But I learned from those losses.Not to play at all if I put a few players.Wait for a really strong hand to come.Fight to the end..

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your luck is as bad as you say it is, i guess you need some time to rest and refresh. Playing pocket As, and Ks does not guarantee a win. If i have these hands the more i become careful in playing them. I try not to be careless and avoid betting too much without analysing my opponents hand.
Just be careful next time when playing these hands.

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just calculate it. The chance to lose with AA ~20%. The chance to lose with AA 7 times in a row ~0.2^7= 0,00128%. Chance to get AA ~ 0.45%.
That means every 17187500 played hands AA will lose 7 times in a row. Not a big chance but considering the amount of players that is inevitably for us. You have to come to terms with that if you want to play the poker like a pro. If you want to play without random then you better to play chess but playing chess the game results will frustrate you much more of poker results. Just take the time to realize the randoms nature.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a terrible luck factor also, so I understand your frustration. When I try to slow play my pocket (AA or KK), someone will slop-out on me, so...now I usually just go all-in, and try to get them to fold. I gain less chips, but I win these hands more often. good luck.

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is easy to learn but hard to play. You should be raising at least 3 or 4 times the blind. If you get sucked out that is part of the game BUT usually AA or KK will win in the long term. It a slow marathon not a sprint.

rflbarreto

rflbarreto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best thing

Best recommendation if you are really frustrated is actually to stop playing for a while ... go out and do other stuff than playing ... you will realize you will be more focused and less frustrated when you are back

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you are in downswing the best option in such situations is a break.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I have lost 7 times in a row today with pocket AA and 3 times with KK.I know they are not unbeatable but come on that makes no sense.I am so fustrated with my luck I really dont know what to do.

I am far from a pro but I play a good bit and feel like wait for very good starting hands and more times than not I lose to the worst hands you could imagine.I have lost 7 times in a row today with pocket AA.I really am so fustrated I dont know what to do.Any advice would be helpfull.I know that is just part of it but I just dont see how over time hands like 92o keep beating me

You should learn to fold aces or kings because it's a strong hand before the flop, but not the strongest in the end. You should understand that getting such a card doesn't mean that you won:wink:

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to worry about your incorrect game, but you played correctly from a distance everything will return