Need advice!!!

TiReX

TiReX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys.I think every player(who plays poker on a regular basis)there were moments when your game and strategy simply falls apart.
At the moment I have this period. Look at all hands in the last month - playing style has not changed,therefore not very much, but the result is much worse.
Start to change the strategy-things get worse), Respectively nerves start,tilt, etc.
Who faced similar period in their game-advise something?

D

Dwarf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've noticed I can get 3-4 hours into a tournament, and decide after a misclick im going to shove. For me I need to treat my impatience like a hand where I know I'm beat, and just fold.

M

Matthew Ueda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe a downswing or just the lack of attention especially after several hours you miss important info and leaks of other players.

D

Dwarf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe a downswing or just the lack of attention especially after several hours you miss important info and leaks of other players.

Are you watching youtube or other stuff on the side?
Music is the least impact-full thing I've found i can have in the background that doesn't deteriorate from my attention. Only when I start jamming out do I lose focus.

M

Matthew Ueda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you watching youtube or other stuff on the side?
Music is the least impact-full thing I've found i can have in the background that doesn't deteriorate from my attention. Only when I start jamming out do I lose focus.

nope usually just listen to music, but I do have adhd but that shouldnt really matter since I love this game.

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you not lucky.
Try see VODs on a youtube
Read pokerschool and poker literature

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all have such moments. Sometimes it is better to play. Sometimes worse.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if we have bad moment then let it go,some time we tilt,misclic or making worse decision.. learn from mistake we has made.. move on and waiting for another changes.. be patience gl

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys.I think every player(who plays poker on a regular basis)there were moments when your game and strategy simply falls apart.
At the moment I have this period. Look at all hands in the last month - playing style has not changed,therefore not very much, but the result is much worse.
Start to change the strategy-things get worse), Respectively nerves start,tilt, etc.
Who faced similar period in their game-advise something?

My strategy is to win, so when I don't win my strategy has fallen apart. If your playing style has not changed then its likely the opponents have taken notes on you and maybe adapted to your play. More than likely the old monster known as variance has caught you. Anyway just keep doing what your doing. I'm sure it'll work out for ya

C

Comesons

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me i turtle up a lot when i start when i hit the bubble just beccause ill see players who have less chips and ill be like if i just keep playing only the most premium hands ill last longer which isnt the best obviously

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you need to step back and evaluate your play. Do you have leaks or tells? Are there mistakes being made? If you can honestly say no, then welcome to variance. If you find you have some problems, then concentrate on fixing them. Sometimes it is better to work on one thing at a time rather than multiple things at once.

When tilt is becoming a problem, step away from the game for a short breather.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of players are patience at begin, and become aggressive at middle, the longer you play maybe can control condition better.

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you need to step back and evaluate your play. Do you have leaks or tells? Are there mistakes being made? If you can honestly say no, then welcome to variance. If you find you have some problems, then concentrate on fixing them. Sometimes it is better to work on one thing at a time rather than multiple things at once.

When tilt is becoming a problem, step away from the game for a short breather.

Good advices here.

I think the most important thing is to take distance from your own game and have a break from the tables. Then evaluate your game.
Standard methods include at least dropping level to gain confidence, and dropping multitabling to have 100% concentration to your decisions and hopeully finding better plays than before.

Railing is great too, but you need to be super lucky to know someone more advanced player.

C

Cloud2218

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Using the breaks can be really helpful. Don't just sit and wait for the time to run out. Get up and take a walk, get a drink. Anything just to relax a little.