Need advice

S

Sleighty_net

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would still consider myself to be very new to online poker with only having played for a few months this year and a few months on and off over the last couple of years. I do and have played a fair amount of live poker for fun in local tournaments which Ive had mixed results in mainly due to players not knowing how to play the game.

My problem is I have started playing again recently with a few small investments of which the first few I lost over a few weeks of playing. I felt like my game was getting better so I persevered and in the last 2 weeks Ive managed a few nice tournament placings building my bank roll to just under $800.

I dont to lose it, so I guess the question is where do I start?

I can only play once or twice a week so do I continue to play tournaments which is were my strength is or try other games.

S

sapoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play tourneys from time to time, so I'm no expert. However, I do try to play based on the rule: Never play a tourney that costs more that %2 of your bankroll. This helps handle the swings when you don't hit the money.

Other than that, just keep at it.

S

Sleighty_net

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I notice players play on a couple of different poker rooms, is it worth spilling my money at some point or wait until I built it a bit bigger?
Im playing party poker right now.