Multi-tabling

The Monkey

The Monkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not multi-table very often at all because I find that it diminishes my ability to concentrate on one game and play at my Peak.

What advice would you have if asked how to improve your multi table abilities? do you play tighter when you multi-table because you are unable to focus on the flow of each table and have to depend more heavily on the cards?

With a smaller bankroll is single tabling a better option?

Any input on any of these questions is greatly appreciated.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are not used to playing a lot of tables it is better to stop even because instead of winning more money you will lose because you will not be playing your A game. My suggestion is that if you play one, start playing two to get used to it, when two are boring, then you increase to three and so on ... ;);)

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The keyword here is boredom.

When you find one table boring to play. Then add a second. This threshold is the key. Why is the game boring? Two possibilities.

1. you've lost interest in poker.. in which case. adding a second table won't help you.
2. The game has become mechanical. That is, you've seen enough hands against enough different players that you know how to play almost by instinct.

Once you've developed to ability to play by instict, then adding a table is not about concentrating on your game on two tables at once, but instead it's about simple paying attention to a few more players., because you've already got your game down to as little thinking as possible.

I would multitable for a while, then when studying, find I needed a new technique, or needed a change to my game, I would then drop back down to one table until that technique became wrote, then I could move back up to multiple tables.

Good Luck!

N

nacmonkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MULTI TABLE

I think when u practice enough you learn more competitive skills

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you feel multitabling is hindering your gameplay, then I would suggest you multitable freerolls to learn how to do it. You don't want to risk you bankroll playing in such a way that will destroy your bankroll.

R

Rad210

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should be dropping down in stakes big time and playing a few more tables than you are used to. Once you're comfortable with that, add a table. Repeat. Playing less than 6 tables online is not ideal, so I would recommend learning to play more. People who multitable do generally play a tighter/more fundamentally sound strategy than people playing fewer tables. Theoretically, your bankroll does not need to change when playing more tables as it is just like you had played the same number of hands on one table. In practice, a slightly larger bankroll may be needed. Some people recommend one extra buyin per table. Hope that helps.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Undoubtedly concentration is very important and directly influences the result. But with experience, you can gradually increase the number of tables.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been thinking exactly the same.
I'm a winning player & have been for years - not big money but enough to keep my playing for free in MTTs up to $4 buy in.
I feel whenever I add another table my concentration goes out of the window.
I also think it makes me tilt more.
I play O8 mainly, but in NLHE terms, u get AQ on one table & KK on another, both in late position, at the same time. I find if I don't win one, lose both, I'm tilting. If I raise & everyone folds, again I don't get good value so I'm annoyed and start to blame the fact I'm not concentrating.
I'm not convinced for a hobby player that multi tabling adds any kind of value.
It might help break the boredom but will also help breaking your bank balance - just my opinion

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start with 1 table and play a while until you can determine your win rate.
Then add another table and see how your win rate develops. Then keep
adding more tables as long as it remains profitable.

I definitively recommend using a HUD if you want to multi-table.
It helps so much with figuring out what kind of player you are up against
without having to focus on the table all the time.