MTT Bankroll

komar125

komar125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Due to the higher variance in tournament games what should be a safe amount of buy-in. I am interested in your opinion. Is it similar for sng? Because I am not sure over my bankroll management. Please help

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Variance depends on field size, so you cant be as aggressive with your bankroll in MTTs as single table SnGs. It also depends on winrate and how large swings, you are willing to tolerate? Are you willing to move down or pop more money into the account after a downswing? In that case you can be more aggressive.

A simple system, which has worked well for me, is to generally not play an MTT, which cost more than 1% of my bankroll. So if for instance my bankroll is 1.150$, I will play a mixture of 3,3-11$ MTTs and maybe occationally chill out with a 2,2$ MTT or take a "shot" at a 16,5$ MTT. In this way I keep my average buyin around 0,5% of my bankroll, which make huge swings to my roll somewhat unlikely. Going broke is not possible with this system, if I am a winning player, since I will automatically move down, long before that happens :)

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on a number of factors but at least 100 buy ins. You will want more if you play turbos due to their higher variance. You can have less if you play micro MTTs and are able to supplement your bankroll with freerolls or an occasional deposit. Just remember to only play what you can afford to lose.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion is that in most cases it is 100-200 bb.

komar125

komar125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To znaczy, mając bankroll około 500 $, mogę grać w gry mniej więcej od 0,5 do 5 $ i będzie optymalne. Podoba mi się to podejście, 1%.
Dzięki za pomoc

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If variance is at 45-70% on MTTS then it's 35-55% for SNG, don't ask me how I got those numbers.
You'd need about 150X your average MTT buyin wheras you'd get away with 50x for a SNG

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management