Most helpful poker book

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is it still that relevant with how much the game has evolved over the years?

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any poker book is relevant for beginers, so yes it's relevant.. If you just start learning pretty much any book will teach you the basics and how to play in position or out of position :D for more advanced players old books are outdated.. even those from last year :/

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dan Harrington - One of the best in this

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Books are the initial stage of learning poker, for a good game you need to play often and constantly analyze your game (look for mistakes) and watch the training video for the game that you practice.

Betmakers

Betmakers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice authors is Harringhtnon, Brunson. It's old school poker strategy. With this books you play better.

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The grinder's manual, Applications of no limit hold'em

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Hellmuth- Play Poker like the Pros . I learned to play using this book.

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's sad because I really enjoy books but I feel like all of the players better than me say most books are outdated. I still think harrington's books can be good for a beginner though. So much of the game at the lower stakes is still very basic

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Mental Game of Poker

The game will change but adapting your mind is the key to your success.

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
books

Poker Myth by Alexander Fitzgerald.A lot of flopzilla and cardrunner -ev samples to back up his plays.Very up to date book.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that Harrington on tournaments is a must read.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mastering Small Stakes No-Limit Hold'em: Strategies to consistently beat small stakes poker tournaments and cash games by Jonathan Little

And

Applications of No-Limit Hold em by Matthew Janda

J

Jack Reacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker: Everything You Need To Know About Poker From Beginner To Expert (2017 Ultimiate Poker Book)

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ILYA BOLONIN "THE OPEN ENCYCLOPEDIA OF POKER" PHIL GORDON "THE SMALL GREEN BOOK" ANDREW SEIDMAN "THE EASY GAME" AD MILLER "HOLDEM FOR BEGINNERS" AD MILLER "THE PROFESSIONAL GAME IN UNLIMITED HOLDEM" AD MILLER "UNLIMITED HOLDEM AT THE SMALL RATES" COLLIN MOSHMAN "UNLIMITED HOLDEM IN PRIVATE" NATHAN WILLIAMS "WE BEAT MICROLIMITS" NATHAN WILLIAMS "MODERN LOW LIMITS" PAVEL 'VERNEER' NAZAREVICH "GRANT ON BANKROLL'S CREATION"

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mastering Small Stakes No-Limit Hold'em: Strategies to consistently beat small stakes poker tournaments and cash games by Jonathan Little

And

Applications of No-Limit Hold em by Matthew Janda
These books keep getting good reviews so I guess its time to buy.I read JL'S other tournaments and they were great.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is your personal opinion! Every poker player who takes the game seriously reads a lot of books! Theoretical preparation and analysis of gaming sessions are very important. But each player respectively chooses from a set of the read books one which in his opinion gave it understanding of a game of poker! I think I was most influenced by "the Mental Game of Poker"

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here are the books I read:

1. Play Poker Like The Pros- Phil Hellmuth
2. Harringon On Hold-em Series- Dan Harrington
3. Super System 1&2- Doyle Brunson

I read these way back in the early 2000s when I started and they may be outdated but would be OK for a true beginner.

If you just want to buy a book go for it but there is tons of free info on the internet at your fingertips.

R

raimundox44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Art of war. This is a book off poker, but his teachings may well be applied to poker. I recommend reading it all! :icon_stud