Jocore

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
NL
Chips
Nice topic!
I have a few that i experienced in my periode of poker

1. Call to fast in a game and dont take time to overthink the options. This causes a lot of losses in my beginning of poker
2. Play from emotion. When im going to play frustrated i become reccless in the game
3. Setting your personal goals way to high. This causes to much pressure for myself and that causses bad playing

Curious to reed the answers of others

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Fun topic for sure. The ones I see that top my list that can be easily exploitable are: They never fold their Big Blind no matter what the bet sizing (theyHave to see the flop), They call too much and fold too little, They never bluff, They don’t pay attention, They are not patient.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me are:
- Don't follow your bannkroll management
- Try to recover your losses
- Play when you are tired

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
not when not to be led by emotions if you lose a lot!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
1st Playing to win money. If you're looking for profits and what money you can win you are making a big mistake. Most players will never be profitable in the long run and many players overestimate their skill levels.

Play the game for the enjoyment of the game and just let the money come to you if your a profitable player.

2nd biggest issue is not really learning the game and improving your skill in the game. Poker can be a very complex game.

rabman50

rabman50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing too many speculative hands.
Limping preflop (goes along with playing too many hands).
Thinking only of the strength of your own hand without considering the hand your opponent may have.
Betting without knowing why.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limping too often. Can maybe get away with this in soft games, but against experience, you are going to get exploited.
Playing to passive. Recently in a CC final table, I witnessed, a player folding AK(showed it) with only 4 BB behind, I was gobsmacked. Never fold premium hands pre flop.
bankroll, never play stakes above your means.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
1) Don't play on tilt or If you don't feel like playing, just don't play! (It all starts here!)
2) Don't be a donk! (Just don't bluff the nuts, please! And don't make a reckless calls!)
3) If you loose 3-4 buy-ins, do not continue to play any more, stop, (especially for cash games)! (If you continue to play, you may lose your bankroll!!!)
4) Don't limp or bet with too much junks; 39o, 83o and so on... (It's just not worth it. imo)
5) Be alert when you are in limp pot! (Miracles happen there.)
6) Play decent hands! (The opposite of point 4)
7) Do not min raise! (Minimum bet/raise is a easy call!)
8) If you lose, don't despair, correct it! (Review the hand history and see where you went wrong - there are a lot of mistakes.)
9) Study more often! (Re-read/watch what you've read or watched. Be open to new things.)
10) Play a lot! (It gets better with practice.)

(I need to work on most of the things listed... 👆)

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Perhaps the most common mistake of beginners is to play with any hands. It is fundamentally important for beginners to play mainly with strong cards and thus accumulate experience and skills.

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Playing out of position: Not considering your position at the table is one of the most common mistakes in poker. Avoid this mistake by paying close attention to how your position affects decision making. In late position you can play a wider range of hands, but you have to be more careful in early position.

Tomash7788

Tomash7788

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
1. For me it was always do not play if you don't have time to focus on hands and other players.
2. Do not overdo it with playing. After some time you lose concentration and it just doesn't feel right playing anymore.
3. Don't get emotional. Keep your thoughts clear.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Wrong BRM is the worst if you don't play like a fish in strategy of game...

Trismegisto

Trismegisto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Always raise pre flop if you have a good hand, take the luck out of the opponents

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1 Limping
2 Calling more often preflop
3 Not 3 betting enough preflop