DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
Does this happen with you guys as well I am frustrated these past few days because of this.
I need to counter this. Any guidance would be appreciated 😢

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Lol. It sounds a little conter-intuitive, but it did happen to me a few times in terms of trying something I just learnt, but not at the right time kind of ! But with more practice, the same "move" becomes profitable.
Playing poker is a never ending learning process, and I think the best things we learn are the things we learn from our mistakes.
Good luck to you...

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Nowadays there is a lot of poker study material available, so you have to analyze if you are consuming quality material.

If you're pretty sure the material is good, it could be that you're studying too much and playing too little.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think you must be studying wrong my friend, look for a good professional to help you in this process.

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think sometimes it comes down to common sense for me. I will lose following a technique I just learnt knowing full well I should have switched it up at one point due to the circumstances of the game. Most commonly the blinds increasing quickly meaning people’s range of playing cards increase. Make sure you play the right game type for the style that you are studying at the time. I would also try not to consume too much at one time. Maybe try a month on mastering one technique.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Does this happen with you guys as well I am frustrated these past few days because of this.
It takes years of training to get good results. If you are just starting out, you have a hasty and wrong impression. Study, play, improve your skills, accumulate experience and over time, day after day, imperceptibly you will get better and better results. Don't be upset, just work on yourself :)

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe you are studying for results and not for improving your game.
At times we get too result oriented, and fail to appreciate the learning process.

Don't play for a while and try to focus only on learning spots where you are confused. Hope this helps.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
This is normal; the information is more than you can apply according to your poker skills… Don't be frustrated. :)

Practice will improve what you learn over time, but it won't happen suddenly like a snap of the fingers. (I mean, if you read 5 books or watch 50 videos, there is no way they will manifest (the learned) from you in practice right away, unless you are a very special person...)

Keep practicing and learning, if you want, of course, if you want to play poker.

Last edited:
R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Study can have a positive effect only in the long term. That is, if you studied all last month, it does not mean that your results will be better next month. Be patient.

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
Nowadays there is a lot of poker study material available, so you have to analyze if you are consuming quality material.

If you're pretty sure the material is good, it could be that you're studying too much and playing too little.
Can you please suggest me some tutorials to watch ?

This is normal; the information is more than you can apply according to your poker skills… Don't be frustrated. :)

Practice will improve what you learn over time, but it won't happen suddenly like a snap of the fingers. (I mean, if you read 5 books or watch 50 videos, there is no way they will manifest (the learned) from you in practice right away, unless you are a very special person...)

Keep practicing and learning, if you want, of course, if you want to play poker.
Thankyou so much for this lovely message❤️

Study can have a positive effect only in the long term. That is, if you studied all last month, it does not mean that your results will be better next month. Be patient.
Hope everything goes accordingly ❤️

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it happened to me too, but it's normal because we do the right thing when it's our turn to speak at the table, that's when we have to adapt theory to practice and understand the level of understanding of the game of each player at the table.

W33dzLov3r

W33dzLov3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello Poker Fam, I would suggest some MasterClass lessons from Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey with his "Little blind" expression are absolutely Gold for the strategy part of poker. Uploaded just a small part of it, ain`t My thing so you can totally understand why :D
Thing is... Even tho we study, until we Experience the Lesson, is hard to actually understand it ;) So I`d suggest you calmness, stay calm for as long as possible, and when you start Tilting, don`t allow it to happen for too long. Don`t connect Emotionally with any pair of cards you may have. Keep in mind the Statistics. I`m also like you, studying things, and when playing, I`m getting kicked from a tournament having AKs against 22 and the river of course was a 2 so of course my 2 pairs were pointless. So even tho I had the right play strategy for the hand, I still got kicked out and lost it... Don't be too harsh on yourself brother. Read and practice and repeat ;)

Attachments

• 1552426941-DN_Fundamentals.pdf
    192.7 KB · Views: 3
Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

It does happen from time to time, I have had similar experiences where I play certain hands differently and some times they win, on the other hand playing them exactly the same way they get beat, but it has nothing to do with how you play, it has more to do with "Variance" in the game.
Also different players might assume that your playing style is different from other players you have come up against in the past, So of course they are going to behave differently, Variables are not only restricted to the 52 cards in the deck, it is also affected by opponents you come up against, All players have different playing styles, It is your job to identify them early on in the game so you can effectively play against them.
Good Luck!

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Don't worry.
the best things we learn are the things we learn from our mistakes.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Ah yes, this happens a lot.

My suggestion is to try to implement one or two changes at a time. As you adapt and improve your game, you're going to find yourself in different situations to what you are used to. For me, one of my biggest leaks was (and still is, but to a much lesser extent) that I was way too tight. When I started opening up my range, I would find myself in all kinds of weird and wonderful spots, especially out of position, with weaker hands than I was used to. When this happens, you should mark the hand to review later and see how you should act. Note that you should take the opportunity to run various different scenarios, not just the exact flop that occurred in the hand you played.

Remember that Rome was not built in a day. You cannot study a topic and expect to play that spot perfectly every time it comes up every time in the future. Studying is an ever ongoing task; each time you solve one leak, it will likely create other questions and problems for you to review and solve.

Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
studying is different from learning
learning is different from practicing
practicing what you learned by studying is what got results.

think about it

GL

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
It takes years of training to get good results. If you are just starting out, you have a hasty and wrong impression. Study, play, improve your skills, accumulate experience and over time, day after day, imperceptibly you will get better and better results. Don't be upset, just work on yourself :)
Play more. Study Less. Thank me later.
Mate if I am loosing than something is wrong isn’t it?

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
Maybe you are studying for results and not for improving your game.
At times we get too result oriented, and fail to appreciate the learning process.

Don't play for a while and try to focus only on learning spots where you are confused. Hope this helps.
Will definitely apply this for sure!!

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have a sharp sense and rely on it to play, your grades may drop temporarily as you study.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Maybe hold 'em isn't for you. You should try another game.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
U need to get a lot more specific.

What exactly do u study? What games are u playing?

Maybe u are studying the wrong material or/and use that learned content wrong in the games u are playing. It is also depending on the limits/stakes that u are playing. Certain content works on certain limits/stakes while other comtent will not work the same.

Or maybe its just too much poker at all and u get bored and thats why ur gq is degrading, idk.

Last edited:
T

tovas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
this is tilt, you just need to sit it out, everything will be fine at a distance

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Be patient. Step by step and after a year your results will be better. Progress will be gradual and even imperceptible, but over time you will realize that your results have improved. Your statistics will help you understand this.

Top 10 Games