The more I read

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
about poker, the more confused I get. Other than having the best hand, the rest is just noise to me. I just don’t understand.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Poker is just like life. after you got high school under your belt, what do you do. You have learnt what there is to learn to put a roof over your head if you apply what you have learned and do not encounter bad luck.

Poker is the same idea. You get an idea of how to play. Then youbtry to create a strategy, do you play to win or just get in the money. And along the way, bad luck can ruin a perfect strategy that was working so well.

One guy told me nice hand. Well, poker is a piece of cake when you are dealt four of a kind, I replied. It's a lot tougher to win when you are dealt rag rag for almost an hour.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
about poker, the more confused I get. Other than having the best hand, the rest is just noise to me. I just don’t understand.

Maybe you should find a different game?
I used to think I was good,
Then I started to learn, then I learned a lot more, then I learned there is more to learn,
Now I am a much better player, who still has stuff to learn…
If you just play for fun, don’t stress it, if you want to seriously make money you must take it seriously…

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you should find a different game?
I used to think I was good,
Then I started to learn, then I learned a lot more, then I learned there is more to learn,
Now I am a much better player, who still has stuff to learn…
If you just play for fun, don’t stress it, if you want to seriously make money you must take it seriously…

I don’t need to play poker for a living, but of course I would like to be profitable. I just have no idea how to take what I read to the table. If I had 30 minutes to think about each decision maybe I would get it right, but that ain’t the way it works.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to decide on poker. If you are serious about the game of poker then you should move on in your education. In order for you to understand everything in what you read, you should not move quickly in your studies. If everything is not clear to you, it means you have not mastered the previous material and are already ahead in reading the next one. It's like mathematics. You have learned to count and immediately read about higher mathematics.I play in order to win pocket money and do not strive to become a great player. Therefore, I do not waste time studying. My practice is enough for me.

Last edited:
deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are confused, think maybe you are doing something wrong ?!

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is learning something from a losing hand.

That's how the confusion goes down.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Often you don't need the best hand to win the pot. :)

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!:)
I would have absolutely agreed with you a year ago(terms-slang, strategies, poker mathematics-this can make your head explode).But when he himself began to study the theory in depth, an understanding of all this began to gradually come.)The Council:start with the basics of the theory and take your time)."A person cannot start running without learning to walk."Good luck in studying.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more hands you play, the more skill you will have.
It is necessary to play a lot of hands

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just keep things simple. Beat the lowest level first. Then move to the next.

ABC poker is enough to win at micros. How much you win depends on how lucky/unlucky you are.

I get myself into trouble sometimes giving the other guy too much credit and overthinking what his moves mean. Usually what it looks like is what it is.

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I assume you play micro. I can relate to it, reading or watching videos doesn't help me. Lemme give some friendly advices.
1) Choose the game you like, it doesn't have to be holdem
2) Don't bluff, doesn't work at micro stakes
3) Go with your gut. Sometimes you know what your opponent had but you just can't let go the hand.
4) Don't tilt and take a break if needed

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stay away from any site that won't give you the odds on QQ vs 22. Bet on Lies is notorious for taking anything you've learned and turning it into a 50/50 bet, or a coin flip. IMO, I doubt they generate the cards randomly. You can win by being patient, and then aggressively playing your top hands. After you win two sit and go's in a row, Cheat on Line will make sure you lose the next couple games, imo. GL on the tables?

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's why i focus on my experiences. I' don't read poker school because i will probably get more confused.

Z

Zsali

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggest you to read books about tournament poker. Start with the basic stuff and give yourself time. Harrington's books can help you a lot for real.

One and a half year ago I wasn't a fishy player but I wasn't very profitable either so I decided to learn from Harrington's books and guess what... nowadays I make the same amount of money as the average salary in my country.

So read books about the basic concepts and play freerolls only. This way, you won't lose anything but and you'll gain a lot of experience.

I hope that I could help you.
Good luck

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For now I am confused when my pair got forfeited

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that reading poker literature is beneficial for anyone, even if not everything is clear. Reading gives information that is written into the subconscious and helps in the game. The main thing is to read the actual materials on the game. Practice is also very important.