Mistakes people make

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if they get cripple like lose most of their chip stack they tend to go all in next couple of hands because they just got bad beat or something and can't control their emotion and just want out. That's a mistake as is very easy in poker to double up, triple up, a few times when the time is right and just like that you are back on top. I suggest to keep folding and just go all in when good position and cards come and go out that way if anything. wait for at least an ace and another good card AND good position. don't call peoples bet. you go all in and try to steal blinds and make them think if they want to call or not rather than them raising and you calling going all in that way just trying your luck. This normally knocks you out the tourney.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree with you, this is one of the features that distinguishes a good player from a fish)))

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think one of my biggest mistakes for sure, is paying less attention the longer I play.

T_Dawg

T_Dawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Profit from other people's mistakes. Give them a chance and they will shoot themselves in the foot. Time after time.

M

MichaelTyler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes people don't understand the relevance the suits and ranks and equities and EV's have on the frequencies but being able to see through it all and with some daily learning and study it can be done to a good degree I think. Theory that is.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely

Online especially!! If someone loses the majority of their chips you can bank on them getting twitchy. They start thinking a little bit and come up with,”Damn, I’m short stacked!! Nothing I can do but go all in until I get my stack back!” That’s when you absolutely crush them and send them to the rail!! That’s my opinion!

Z

Stay Safe

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree and a nice rule of thumb is that if you're crippled to the point where nobody is likely to fold to a shove (such as 4bb or less), to only consider shoving average or better hands like Q7o, K3o, and 76s. Otherwise take the big blind!

S

Suzana2304

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All in or bluffs without good hand.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These were pretty much all my bigger mistakes when i was grinding hard online

Hope there's some wisdom here which may help you too!

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But it isn't simple for the person who made a thread here to carry out so that he may say.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I absolutely agree. I believe that this behavior of the players shows only a lack of patience and discipline. So obviously this is their big drawback.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have never seen a pro player under 10 bb waiting for AA. so whats the range of thouse playesr your elling about. if they are under 10 bb even if they whait that magical hand they will win what ? 2-3 bb? is it worthet since they will not receive maybe anything for the next 20-30 hands.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is the truth that players who have lost most of the stack lose interest, motivation to play, and therefore play with bad cards for the entire stack. I play this way myself, but when there is a desire to win, then with a short stack you play adequately and get into the prize zone.

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have to play slowly to think very well when there is an opportunity to bet everything and that is in my opinion]

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently wrote in a response to a thread about Bad beats that you just have to turn the page but I have several days where playing different tournaments I have lost hands in an incredible way including the CC free ones and to be honest it is the best thing that has happened to me already That the mistakes you mention I have made again and I have started to work on it has been a bit frustrating because I thought I had passed that stage but in recent weeks it is obvious that I have not and I have made mistakes again as a result of being on tilt , but it's all part of learning and I have to start working on my self-control again

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm that it is always necessary to show rigor and discipline even when everything seems lost. I no longer count the number of times I returned to the game with just a hundred chips.

M

MichaelTyler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think people put far too much energy and thought into bet sizes and I think they are making far too many mistakes to emply a multiple bet strat well. Keep it simple man.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i have never seen a pro player under 10 bb waiting for AA. so whats the range of thouse playesr your elling about. if they are under 10 bb even if they whait that magical hand they will win what ? 2-3 bb? is it worthet since they will not receive maybe anything for the next 20-30 hands.

When you get down to 12bb or less you should be pretty much in shove or fold territory. That doesn't mean waiting for AA or KK, but pushing with a range of hands that will make you unexploitable. The later position you're in and the short stacked you are make a big difference on how wide you should shove as well as whether there is an ante in play.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I usually get out of the tournament like this. But there's nothing you can do about it. I don't see any point in sitting around waiting for something. This is a waste of time. If the game didn't go it's all a crash.