Mistakes made preflop

Antulio francis

Antulio francis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the biggest mistakes commented on preflop by most beginning players I'm here one more day reading books and watching videos and wanting to buy some poker help support to read my opponents better gl to all

Awrpze

Awrpze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing too many hands, playing out of position, limping too much, and not raising when entering the pot (mainly when first to act). Those are preflop mistakes I've made far too much while learning how to play.

P

pokerchick_xoxo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always do not trust big bets from new people at live games... Try to trust big bets until you get a read. And paired boards... if you don't have three of something you are probs behind.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As all the books say, for beginners, the biggest mistake is playing too many hands.

In a training session, preflop, try playing hands only when you will make a raise with them. No limping, no checking for the BB, only raise or fold preflop.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play ace to ten suited ace to jack offsuited if raised before you fold if you think are dominated , small pocket pairs only 1call in multi pot to hit set baby aces suited ace2 to ace 5 only one vs one and reraise dont flat call

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the biggest mistakes commented on preflop by most beginning players I'm here one more day reading books and watching videos and wanting to buy some poker help support to read my opponents better gl to all

I think that the biggest mistake of any player pre-flop is not knowing how to play own cards :}

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
entering in too many hands

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Playing too many hands, playing out of position, limping too much, and not raising when entering the pot (mainly when first to act). Those are preflop mistakes I've made far too much while learning how to play.

Your history and mine are exactly the same:).
This is a very good advise to all new poker players.
YOU are getting FREE advise from us who have lost tons of money gaining these experiences:D
So accept it with open arms folks:joyman:

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I tend to call down on boards that shouldn't hit vilians range and preflop actions thinking they are just trying to blow me off a better hand and sometimes am wrong.

ezgift

ezgift

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the most important error is too large raises with bad cards

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
avoid being oop and dominated, lots of money to loose this way example utg raises and you are small blind with k ten and call flop comes ten six deuce and utg holds a ten ....

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not playing proper ranges from the position your in.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To enter the game before the flop with garbage and no item.

Kavaleits

Kavaleits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limping and not raising with strong hand.

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

As all the books say, for beginners, the biggest mistake is playing too many hands.

In a training session, preflop, try playing hands only when you will make a raise with them. No limping, no checking for the BB, only raise or fold preflop.

I agree with you! If you have little experience and you do not have or little information about your opponents, you should play very tight, only occasionally defend the blinds.
But not in any way you can not limp! This is important for beginners!

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody says to not play too many hands but I play quite a lot of hands, and sometimes it helps me. Sure it's a risk but playing only monster hands wont always win anyway, you need to try some stuff sometimes

E

edcwy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Classically, playing tight aggressive will serve in live games and real tournaments. But free-rolls and micro stakes can be another story, though I think it ought not be. When it's cheap to play, many open their range far too wide than what would happen in a game with real stakes. I me really, are you going to raise 2x 3x 4x with 9 deuce off? as frequently as one might see in micro stakes. It gets ridiculous. If you respond or pick up habits that inappropriately widen your range when it matters, that would be trouble. On the other hand, if you're mindful that you're widening your opening range, avoiding limping in, raising or re-raising appropriately, being patient, and for the most part playing ABC poker, I think you'll find success. Playing a polarized range offers opportunity for semi bluffs or bluffs to scoop the blinds or take on a loose player in order to isolate when in you're position. If you get called, you see a flop and maybe catch a hand, if re-raised, time to toss.

V

veruska A1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest mistakes before flop I think they are: Impatience, Bet too much without first seeing the flop, go to all plays, Aggressiveness, Frustrated attempts to steal the pot, Losing concentration among others.

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing is necessary rarely and with an ace and king!!!

vitorbonatto

vitorbonatto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing too many hands definetely... also the value of the raise usually without any logic (i go for 2~3x the bb and higher values depending the number of limpers)

kyrpob

kyrpob

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
im new in poker can you advise me smth more?