Minimum Defense Frequency or Equity ?

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think about clearing MDF (Minimum defense frequency) while playing a hand or simply compare equity with odds ?

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I compare the pot odds to the expected value of my hand as a function of the opponent’s (presumed) hand range and if that’s right I make the right decision.

Of course, this all sounds good, but in the heat of the game, the decision-making mechanism is often different. :D

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I compare the pot odds to the expected value of my hand as a function of the opponent’s (presumed) hand range and if that’s right I make the right decision.

Of course, this all sounds good, but in the heat of the game, the decision-making mechanism is often different. :D

Thank you for posting.

MDF is in regards to reacting to being bluffed. We call because we expect the V to have the correct % of bluffs in the spot we are in. If the spot is a very low frequency bluff spot we would not use MDF. We would also not use MDF in the lower stakes games as our V most often under or over bluff so using MDF is not necessary. MDF is used vs GTO players.

Hope this helps
:):)