Are micro stakes worth it?

O

oskariy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm planning to play on pokerstars but I don't play with big money. So are micro stakes worth it on long run. Can you make money on it?:confused::confused::confused:

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you can. The very low cost tournaments, Spin & Go, SNG and cash tables can be adapted to your account. The first time I deposited 10 dollars I converted them into 900 in less than one week.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
micro stakes are a way to get experience play poker without losing your shirt. Playing micro can build your bankroll, but it will take time.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
SnGs are definitely profitable at micro. Cash may be profitable depending on how you select your tables. Poker in general is not profitable for 90+ % of people, so don't get discouraged.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes you can. The very low cost tournaments, Spin & Go, SNG and cash tables can be adapted to your account. The first time I deposited 10 dollars I converted them into 900 in less than one week.
U're bullshiting. Idon't believe in any words.

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U're bullshiting. Idon't believe in any words.

No, I'm not making fun of you. I started playing the SNG KO tournaments when my Bankroll reached 50 I started playing cash and progressive KO tournaments. I won a tournament and the accumulated by eliminations and the first prize made a difference.

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This is exactly what i am trying to do now. But i think that i would cut spin & go because in my opinion is not profitable in the long run.

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes of course you can, only on micro rates need a special strategy

A

abyk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the style of the tournament, if it's 15 minutes + per blind then micro pots are essential

O

oskariy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya

SnGs are definitely profitable at micro. Cash may be profitable depending on how you select your tables. Poker in general is not profitable for 90+ % of people, so don't get discouraged.

Well not aiming for pro thankfully :D

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah it's worth it , if you wanna build a bankroll and perhaps move up stakes and get more opportunities to see and win the money that matters

B1731898

B1731898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course. Make all the right plays, get knocked out by donks, and bad play. Keep making the right plays over, and over again,...and watch your profits rise.

H

Haftus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is worth it, because you will gain a lot of experience in micros. And if you are a winning player, you will make a good profit imo.

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure you can, and by playing some Sit and go and KO tourney you can cut some variances to help your bankroll gets healthy

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excellent advice!

Turning $10 into $900 in less than a week is virtually impossible without a LOT of luck, and even then it's very unlikely at best. It is possible I guess if you roll the dice and hit a huge multiplier on Spin & Go. It's never happened to me but theoretically it is possible.

Last edited:
L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not only worth it, it can be very profitable to start out this way. The micro players are usually people who have won money in a freeroll or something like that. Mostly casual players who don't really study the game itself. They may know the theory, but understanding and applying it to real life situations is difficult because they lack the experience/disassociation to see things for how they are. Not only that, but as someone said above, it's by far the best way to gain general experience for cheap. Just don't expect the style of play to match the style in the bigger buy ins.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with so little money you have to be lucky, a lot of skill and patience, unfortunately I do not have any of these qualities and for that I can not boast of success .
but it's possible and I'm sure many other players succeed

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's worth it, yes, it's gaining experience and raising the level as you build your bank.

C

CJWilliam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually you are on the right track. You are already aware of your bankroll management. The micros are beatable. Add in a bit of study time, and you will be increasing your roll in no time.

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
micro are going to take a lot of hands in which there monkeys or fish that are going to bet just for doing so. But if you play carefully if you can take advantage

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Micro stakes are well worth it, especially if that's the limit you're comfortable playing. To get started pick a site that accommodates micro-stakes. If you want to start from nothing play freerolls, exclusively. If you're thinking of making a deposit for micro-play I suggest depositing no less than $30. I don't believe there are anymore sites that have a minimum deposit of $10, though. Sit-n-go's and micro-mtt's, imo, are the way to go to get a roll started from a small deposit. GL, man. :wavey:

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Micros are beatable thats where your weakest players are. Make a small deposit start playing .1/.2 no limit . work your way up to .2/.5 no limit . start playing .55-1.10 mtt. Should be fine.

Build a roll, maybe look outside the box. Start railing your smallest +6 SHORT DECK game. Whats the first thing you will notice. Pots are way bigger. And guess what people are gambling ! Not a bunch middle eastern and Russian players all sitting back playing 11.5% of there hands.

B

beavis22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ive made a lot from nothing many times...just keep building your bankroll...anything is possible...I also like to build a bankroll playing single table sit n go's...play super tight and just try to make the top 3....grind on

neverbluff

neverbluff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Microstakes are great for learning, but ideally you'll want to make enough money to move up in stakes as soon as possible unless you are able to grind many many tables at once while also winning. Try to learn as much as possible in freerolls and low stakes tables to learn how people are playing before trying to move up stakes. Just know that what works in freerolls/microstakes might not work at the higher stakes