Chips
Yeah, But sometimes when you tilt at the right moment you get lucky

I

insidious96

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After losing a big win you should not lose faith in yourself and you need to focus more on your game.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now, because of losses, I have 2 of my poker sites on the back burner. It will be awhile before I play there again. I do this because, if I keep on, I will blow up sooner or later, and that's not going to help things at all.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, sometimes it's surprising how common it can be to turn that remaining 3-5BB back into a viable stack.

OP: Whenever you feel that tilt coming on, just keep saying "chip and a chair!"

You bet! When you can come off a bad beat and focus enough to get back in the tournament chip wise. The positive feeling you achieve is a real confidence booster to your game in future tournaments.

leandrette

leandrette

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after a big loss ... it's time to drink a tea. :)

T

Tosh_67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure what your marijuana laws are like in Israel, but smoking weed is a bulletproof way to eliminate tilt. You'll remain calm, move on to the next hand and brush it aside as no big deal.

If that's not your thing than you really just need to grow up and get over it. Are you playing tournaments or cash by the way? If your playing cash games than simply sit out and come back in 10 mins or so once you've calmed down. In the end, you need to realize that you can't control the cards or outcome, you can only control your actions. There's no reason to get upset over something you can't control.

I got a great vision stuck in my head of Daniel Negraneau, Phil Helmuth, and other top players all sat around the table smoking joints :)

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This was hard for me to improve on too, you just need to roll with it. It will not be your last bad beat so you can't dwell on it. Remember you can always come back in a tournament all you need is a chip and a chair!

AvaPoker13

AvaPoker13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually after a big loss, their concentration goes into space and before long you zero. A great advice is do not try to recover with any hand, risking as little as possible!

arielakarel

arielakarel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually after a big loss, their concentration goes into space and before long you zero. A great advice is do not try to recover with any hand, risking as little as possible!

I believe i finally learned that.. i no longer tilt so oftenly as before..
A lot of times i mange to come back to a lead after a big loss.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
beginning push the fish

follow the poker school rules pokerstars strong hand grind and weak or marginal hand fold especially in the beginning push the fish with AA KK QQ AK AQ