Medium and low pair

O

ovanilton

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are your plans when it comes to a medium and low pair? You're wait done three of a kind?
How are you behaving? Calling or raising?:confused::confused:

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my opinion

You bet mediums and low pairs a third of the time. If you just hit a medium or low pair for trips. Chances are you will not hit again. Even if you are at a third. So skip that pair.

froggeedogs

froggeedogs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
medium to low pairs

In early position I will just call with these, hope to sneak a cheap flop. Would only raise in late position if field is small.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on your position, your opponents and your image. In the early position, if possible, go into the limp game - to see the flop cheaply. In the middle position, if before you all the opponents made a fold - raise. When playing in a late position, call the standard raise size or make an open-raise.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It also depends on where you are in the tourney. At the end of the tourney when blinds are high, table is only 6 or so and if you are short stacked they are great shoving hands. If you are called by A X it will be a race. You've got to be aggressive then and can't wait for premium hands.

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As others have said depends on the position and height of the tournament, initial limp positions is fair, final raise standard

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are your plans when it comes to a medium and low pair? You're wait done three of a kind?
How are you behaving? Calling or raising?:confused::confused:

Of course, ready, though a small pair - it's a good hand and it should be played. My version of the draw will depend on the position behind the table and the composition of the players. In most cases, I prefer to make a small raise. ;)

A

atila1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depend on situation, position on table, stack size. i like to see cheap flop, might miniraize it or even push all in if im realy short

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The probability of catching a set on the flop with a pocket pair is 7: 1, which means that we will only get it on one of the eight flops seen. And this probability will not be too good in comparison with the chances of the bank given to us.

leshausa03

leshausa03

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No need to play with this hand. But when I start to get nervous then forget about it (

G

Glebtyzhnyh90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me personally the pair is a strong hand, but depending on the tournament and the style of the players at the table. Low pair through the stake, mean through the raise but not all in. If the set is on the flop, then AK is in a very difficult situation.

SamInsano

SamInsano

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My actions vary according to the players at the table.