ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MAth

I don't think math in its self is that important in poker but learning and memorizing odds is! It will be hard to be on the winning end of poker without knowing the odds and being able to calculate the cards possibly left for your opponent to draw when playing Omaha .

GL !!:D

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maths not math....there should be an 's' ....just as there no such thing as mathematic...it is written in plural form only...mathematics

Yes in england maths but in america math is the proper term.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last edited:
gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes in england maths but in america math is the proper term.
No no Roger, speaking incorrectly in another country does not make it right, not so?? Anyway, my beloved wife is American and we have endless fun and laughter teasing each other about things like that...

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No no Roger, speaking incorrectly in another country does not make it right, not so?? Anyway, my beloved wife is American and we have endless fun and laughter teasing each other about things like that...
what do you mean speaking incorrectly according to https://www.merriam-webster.com/
the dictionary says

math

noun

\ ˈmath \

Definition of math

: MATHEMATICS

math
abbreviation

Is it incorrect to call an elevator a lift?

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Of course they are important but after a while the calculations are the same over and over again so you will know if the play is +/- EV. Nothing scary, just a little study if you are totally unfamiliar.

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This forum is surprising, we learn about poker and many other things... even orthography. :rolleyes:
Don't change anything. :icon_thum

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's only important if you want to make sure you calls/bets are going to profitable ones in the long run. however, if you just want to play for enjoyment, then i don't think matters.

heck, i don't use proper pot odds all the time when i'm in a mood to just gamble. it can be pretty just just to play out of enjoyment and not worry about doing things 'properly' all the time. just be prepared to face the consequences if it goes wrong. but, when it goes right (and your gutshot hits) it's a great feeling.

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mathematically speaking, no! kkkkk

knowing the math of poker is just one of the facts that makes you profitable in the long run.

K

kkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't have to be good at math to be profitable player.
In poker math is simple.

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's only important if you want to make sure you calls/bets are going to profitable ones in the long run. however, if you just want to play for enjoyment, then i don't think matters.

heck, i don't use proper pot odds all the time when i'm in a mood to just gamble. it can be pretty just just to play out of enjoyment and not worry about doing things 'properly' all the time. just be prepared to face the consequences if it goes wrong. but, when it goes right (and your gutshot hits) it's a great feeling.

mathematically speaking, no! kkkkk

knowing the math of poker is just one of the facts that makes you profitable in the long run.

You don't have to be good at math to be profitable player.
In poker math is simple.

Thank you for all these contributions ;)