Math for MTTs

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been learning about equity in combination with pot odds, but the topic seems to be centered around cash games. I'm wondering, are you supposed to use the same logic in MTTs or are there other additional considerations? If so, what are they?

Assuming I'm already considering my hand/range and the position from which they're supposed to be played, what else do I need to consider from a mathematical/analytical perspective? Also, I'm asking mostly online MTTs, where there seems to be more analytics and less player reading going on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been learning about equity in combination with pot odds, but the topic seems to be centered around cash games. I'm wondering, are you supposed to use the same logic in MTTs or are there other additional considerations? If so, what are they?

Assuming I'm already considering my hand/range and the position from which they're supposed to be played, what else do I need to consider from a mathematical/analytical perspective? Also, I'm asking mostly online MTTs, where there seems to be more analytics and less player reading going on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

pot odds and card odds are always considered whether it be cash or tournament..

The rest is mostly equity training done on equity calculators that isn't done during the live hand, but considered afterwards and learned to a level at which you can get a round about number just from knowing the situation inside and out.