Married to AA, KK, or QQ?

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to play passively with KK or QQ. But with AA I play very aggressive. This strategy works for me, most of the time I'm able to avoid dangerous situations

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its true many players are married to QQ, although this hand is not that hard to fold for me. There are many instances that I should have folded with KK or AA, but I didnt. These are much harder to fold than QQ

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
jj

Yes .Fold is only a button.Sometimes is good to fold AA Or KK .Specially if the flop or turn is full risky .

T

Tricky123bet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand this thread. Most of you are talking about AA, KK and QQ like they are untrustworthy. They are the three best hands in holdem! And the reason is that most people remember perfectly all the times they had a bad beat with these hands, but forget about all the times it wins you big stacks.
AA, KK, QQ are supposed to win you the most money out of all your holdings, so playing passively with them is going to be a serious mistake.
Sure you are going to get into bad spots with KK badly dominated by AA, and bust tournaments that way, but that is just going to happen sometimes. And yes, folding with AA, KK, QQ postflop is perfectly fine if the board is not at all in your favor, but playing scared poker with the absolute top of your range is a BIG LEAK.

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only an aggressive game on these hands and rely on luck

imnoobpoker

imnoobpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA never fold preflop!
KK fold only on bubble (2times bubble boy with KK against AA, fckng set up)!
QQ fold easy!

I know the feeling, yesterday all-in with KK and somebody called AA on my and I was gone :( Depends on position where you are in the game with this hand, especially when you go all-in.

1putnik

1putnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its all depends on situation and opponents game. Agree with higher answers that QQ easily to fold when goes all-in from tight-player, KK harder and I had so many situations when all my intuation advices me that I must fold them and there are Aces of opponent, but I still goes-all, and there was not surprise to saw AA agains my KK.

vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA do not throw out, everything else on the situation.